Which is better SL TL-3 or SF L4?

MDM

Newly Enlightened
Can someone advise me on the better of the two lights? I know that the SF is regulated, and I don't believe the SL is.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
I have both and right NOW the SF is a little better...wait till the mid-production-stream second iteration of the SL TL-3 though, which could make it become very interesting indeed...but then SF may already come out with the KL5...but by then SL may come out with their (oops, work calls, plus I can't say any more right now anyway!)...but I think the heydays of the modders as we know them is becoming quite limited, unless, of course, we keep pushing the very battered and creased and fuzzy and dog-eared front edge of the envelope...!

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Charlie, could you be implying that regulation on the TL-3 may be forthcoming? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr Bulk:

Do you mean to imply that StreamLight might be open to suggested "tweaks" to improve their new line? If so, I have a few. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
TSG, yes.

Stainless, no. They have already laid a path and they're following it.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
TSG, yes.

Stainless, no. They have already laid a path and they're following it.

[/ QUOTE ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
I was going to suggest little things such as doubling the diameter of the hole in the lanyard stud. This would enable the use of "user selected" lanyards instead of only the one which is supplied with the light. Nice lights, though. Hopefully they WILL address the focusing problem. (See this thread.) http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB3&Number=322887&fpart=&PHPSESSID=

It might also be nice if they produced belt holsters.
(See this thread.) http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB3&Number=318836&fpart=&PHPSESSID=

MDM

Newly Enlightened
What about the StreamLight's brightness claims? Are the four hours of "bright" really bright, or is there a definite drop-off?

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Take a look in the Reviews Forum for the runtime plots for the TT-3C and the Xenergy AL-606 which is the base model for the TT series that use 2x123.

Latest posts