Warning: YAHOO using spyware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_rv_too

Newly Enlightened
I apologize for putting this in the flashlight discussion area ... but I'm so upset, I wanted it to be up front where most would see it.

I know this is our favorite website ... and there is no reason for any of us to ever go to any other website ... but just in case you've ever registered on any YAHOO website ... I thought this should be brought to your attention.

Apparently YAHOO is now using spyware to track internet useage of it's registered users. You can (and I have) opt out of this intrusion by clicking on the link below.

It's bad enough YAHOO is choked with ads ... but to now start spying on it's users ... and tracking web useage both INSIDE AND OUTSIDE of Yahoo sites. What a crock!

It's the "outside" part that bothers me!

Here's the message:

---------------

Yahoo groups has instituted another policy without informing its
users. They are using web beacons ('pixels') to track users OUTSIDE of Yahoo's sites ("to conduct research on behalf of certain partners on their web sites and also for auditing purposes." This week.) You can opt out of this program by going here:

http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/pixels/details.html

After you click on the "opt out" link, pay attention to the next
page.

The gray button that comes up CANCELS the opt out, so DON'T click it; just close the browser tab or the browser window instead.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Either way, I'll have to move it...

Moved to The Café. Follow it with the link up by your name.
move.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.