AAA Lights - One Man's Hands-Free Option

Chicago X

Enlightened
Most flashaholics here hold to the tenet: "Two is One and One is None"

I would bet, if most of us emptied our pockets and briefcases/satchels/BOBs, one might find even more than 2 flashlights....;)

I haven't seen a ton of threads on any EDC headlamps, however.

Flashlights are great for finding stuff, headlamps are great for doing stuff.
With that in mind, I decided to improve functionality of my favorite EDC, the iTP A3 EOS SS Upgrade Edition. (The name is bigger than the light !!!)

The magic upgrade? A ~4-inch piece of 2-sided Velcro. :huh:

A36.jpg

Simply wrap the Velcro at tightly as possible (soft side out) around the tail-end of the A3, with or without the clip. If using the clip - wrap once around body of light before wrapping around the clip.

This makes for a much more comfortable mouth-carry:

A31.jpg

Another piece of Velcro stuck anywhere becomes a flashlight mount:

A35.jpg

One can unroll some of the Velcro, then wrap it around anything of appropriate diameter:

A37.jpg

It can also be wrapped around the frames of most glasses (sunglasses used for demo only :))

A34.jpg

These are only a few examples. I have used the Velcro upgrade camping, running, dogwalking, and a dozen other ways. I'm sure the creative members here could come up with 20 more in an instant.

Need more light? Stick multiple lights together.

This works on AA lights too, but they get bulkier with the wrap than the more slender AAA offerings.

I just replaced the Velcro with another strip after about 3 months of daily use. It didn't wear out, but the light fell in a bowl of cat food, and I like to mouth-carry. :ohgeez:

BarryG

Enlightened
Now that's a pretty good idea! I'll have to get some velcro for my IlluminaTi.:thumbsup:

Barry