The joy of waiting for repairs

jonesy

Enlightened
How long is an acceptable amount of time for you to wait for a repair/replacement on a defective product?

How long have you personally had to wait?

I'm personally been waiting over two months for an LED light it took me a month to get. Just wondering if this is common or not...

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it depends on how much you like the light. ;)

My guess is you're dealing with a Peak, it'll be worth the wait.

Call Robyn, just to make sure it hasn't fallen through the cracks.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been waiting on repair/warranty replacement of my Jet 3 Pro ST from Bugout Gear for a couple weeks now... seems like a long time for me because it has been my favorite light. Can hardly wait to get it back...:whistle:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I bought a product that was defective from new,I would expect a full replacement by return of post or offered a refund,if however I sent it in for a repair I would expect it back in my hands in say 14 days before I kicked off about it,that is more than long enough for any decent company to achieve a satisfactory result.

One thing I have noticed on here is that many members try to fix a faulty item themselves rather than use the warranty service offered by the makers.

richpalm

Banned
One thing I have noticed on here is that many members try to fix a faulty item themselves rather than use the warranty service offered by the makers.

I think a lot of places do this to get you so frustrated you just go buy another.

Rich

jonesy

Enlightened
Yep, starting to get a bit pissed off. Nothing like waiting a month then noticing gritty threads, an offcenter LED, crap in the optic, and the greenest beam that would make Shrek look bad. Had it for 4 days, and now it's been well over two months waiting to get it back.

And oh have I called. Every three weeks. Always told it will be done soon, and of course it never is. Last time told it would be out friday upon pain of death of someone, and of course, it hasn't arrived yet. Makes me wonder who got killed.

The most annoying thing is knowing that they are building lights for other customers, but since mine was a repair it's like I'm dumped in a corner and forgotten about. After all, they already have my money, they've had it since June!

Anyone else have to deal with this much crap over a flashlight? :fail:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, starting to get a bit pissed off. Nothing like waiting a month then noticing gritty threads, an offcenter LED, crap in the optic, and the greenest beam that would make Shrek look bad. Had it for 4 days, and now it's been well over two months waiting to get it back.

And oh have I called. Every three weeks. Always told it will be done soon, and of course it never is. Last time told it would be out friday upon pain of death of someone, and of course, it hasn't arrived yet. Makes me wonder who got killed.

The most annoying thing is knowing that they are building lights for other customers, but since mine was a repair it's like I'm dumped in a corner and forgotten about. After all, they already have my money, they've had it since June!

Anyone else have to deal with this much crap over a flashlight? :fail:

In the UK the supplier would have to give you an option of a refund or a replacement if the defect showed up in 28 days under the sale of goods act,suggest you look at your own sale of goods act for your country of residence.

ayglass

Newly Enlightened
I've been trying to step around this particular torture by sticking with brands that are known by the CPF members to be excellent about their warranty.

I propose that somewhere (maybe on Cheers and Jeers)? we keep a tally of time-to-repair as reported by members. I only have one offering for the list though. I sent a light back to Surefire for repairs last month and it was back in my hands in less than a week.

Based on that one tiny bit of data, they will get my business again...

- Andy