P100A2 Vs MG P-Rocket

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are different as night and day. Different batteries, throw vs. Flood, different emitters. I think they would complement each other quite nicely and you should get both.

bigfish5

Newly Enlightened
I think i can help you on this one as i have owned both lights. I was very impressed with the p100a2. Everyone should own a light like that in there collection. This light can go on medium for hours while you work on your car, or it can light up deer in a field at 80 yards on high. The p100 can handle almost any situation that you need a light for. At 39.00 bucks it is one of the better deals that i know of. I have bought 3 of them. All three have been flawless for their owners and are still going strong, and still getting ooohs and ahhhs from non flashaholics.

I just shipped off my sst50 p rocket today. Sold it in the marketplace. Turns out i really didnt get anything from that light. It is built like a tank, but because of the size it is hard to carry. It sucks down 18650 juice like there is no tomorrow. I didnt have any 18650 imr's so perhaps i never really saw what the light could do. Im sorry to say that i was never very impressed with the output.
If you can only get one of these i would tell you without a doubt get the e.t. P100a2. Later on when you can add some Different lights you can take more chances.

I just noticed you are looking at the xpg version, makes more sense because the prices are similar. That makes it harder, as that beam will probably be totally different than my sst50. I do not think you can go wrong with the p100, but try to find a few admirable reviews of the p-rocket xpg before you take a chance.

Last edited:

deanom

Newly Enlightened
thanks tre - i wish I could afford both!

bigfish5 - that is a great bit of advice - thankyou

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
MG P-Rocket xp-g versus Maelstrom G5?

Maybe the P100c2 is a better comparison, if not T100C2.

The reflector is somewhat deep, but narrow, with the SST-50, assuming it is the same depth with the xp-g, the throw should be as good as the X-Thrower. (imagine an xp-g in that one!)

That 'neutral' is too cool for my liking, but output/price looks outstanding.
450 initial emitter lumens, plenty of thermal mass, and the ability to take flat top 2900 mAh 18650 (T100C2 & G5 are a no go) are pluses.
Medium is probably 175 initial emitter lumens, and low 35. The P100A2 is 175 OTF/50 OTF

The regulation is likely a minus, but for the sub $50 price point, you can not take fault.
and like BurgerKing, you can have it your way; smooth or orange peel reflector.