Clicky tailcap on G2L Fire Rescue Edition (G2LFYL)

TheTana13

Newly Enlightened
Is the tailcap on G2L-FYL actually a regular Z59 switch ???

What about LED inside, is it regular P60L ???

I need click-on switch for my 6PL-LX4 and would rather buy the whole Fire Edition thing for $80 than just the Z59 for $40... bright yellow body would just be great addition to my collection...

Thanks...

biker1

Enlightened
Formerly from NYC - Still Ruled by Commi Criminal
I have the model.
It is a P60L.
As for the switch, I don't know if it is a Z59 or not.
Clue me in on a Z59 and I may be able to tell by the description.

Edit >

Appears I have the Z59 switch. Can push for momentary, or push further for constant on, or lock with a twist.

Description
Z59
Now you have a choice of momentary or constant-on light activation without having to rotate the tailcap of your light. Push lightly on the tailcap for momentary activation, push harder to "click" the light into constant-on mode, click again for off.

Above description from Surefire

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
G2L FYL's come with a variation of the Z59:

241t89i.jpg

The knurling is reduced to allow for GID strips and the finish is upgraded to HA (III). Normal Z59's also have a tighter (almost to tight) feel on G series bodies. Its fine to use the G2L FYL tailcap on a 6P, but the finish won't match the shinier type II 6P body.

The original G2L FYL came with a specific Z44 bezel + P60L. It was changed this summer to the KX4 head. So which you get depends on the source and age.

Last edited:

tundratrader

Enlightened
I dont remember the thread but I think we did figure out it was different. I think we figured that it had something to do with the explosive rating. I have not found any difference as far as use goes. Mine are over a year old and are holding up well. They are used all the time.

TheTana13

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies...

I figured out that finish would not go nice with shiny body of 6P... so even if I get myself Fire Edition, it will stay as it is since it's really cool flashlight...

But as I look around for Z59 I see that SF only makes them in HA, not just anodized, like KX4 bazel that's recomended for 6P body is... (LX4BK for 6P vs. LX4BKHA for G2)

Is anyone using Z59 with hard anodized finish (well, the only type that SF is offering) ??? Does it jumps off of the whole 6P shine or one wouldn't be able to tell the difference that it's an additional item ???

Is it possible to remove clicky mechanism from Z59 and install in regular switch that came with 6P originaly ??? Sorry for ignorance, I think I read that Z59 is slightly longer so that might mean it's not possible...

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Is it possible to remove clicky mechanism from Z59 and install in regular switch that came with 6P originaly ??? Sorry for ignorance, I think I read that Z59 is slightly longer so that might mean it's not possible...

The mechanisms are not interchangeable. The best way to add a clicky to an existing Z41 tailcaps with with a NetKidz or McClicky kit.

Going back to your original goal of getting a Z59 without paying the 'part price', I suggest getting a 6PD instead. It will come with a Z59 that perfectly matches with a 6P.