Acebeam        
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SureFire E2L AA Outdoorsman Review

Default Re: SureFire E2L AA Outdoorsman Review

The Outdoorsman series was the best.Guess people stopped going into the wild?
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Flashaholic*

My guess is that Surefire also tires to be part of this brighter, brighter, brighter ... that other flashlight manufacturers are doing like Acebeam, Imalent ,... that currently always try to have the brightst flashlight.

The new E2DLU with is the best example 1000lm high and 5lm low. That can be used for almost nothing. The old E2DLU was only 500/5lm. That is on how Surefire tries to win the lumen war.

Surefire should go back to the roots, make versatile lights with brighness settings that not only last 30s and than the light must step down due to heat problems. For most situations 300-500lm are more than enough. Normally 200lm are perfect for me. Most lights I have are below 1000lm.
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Flashaholic

come on guys...

yer killin me!

I'm sittin here with a nos round head surefire 9p in original box with original duracell batteries and original paperwork, brandy new...

wondering whether a aa battery adapter will scratch my itch?

no it will not.

Must. Have. One.

Jim

Flashaholic*

Hi WarriorOfLight! I added my comments in red.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLight View Post
    My guess is that Surefire also tires to be part of this brighter, brighter, brighter ... that other flashlight manufacturers are doing like Acebeam, Imalent ,... that currently always try to have the brightst flashlight.
    I have a few high lumen lights and the brightest is Acebeam K30(not the latest version). For sure cool to put out ~5000lm even if it's for some minute before a stepdown. It may have its use but of course it's mainly a result of the lumen race.

The new E2DLU with is the best example 1000lm high and 5lm low. That can be used for almost nothing. The old E2DLU was only 500/5lm. That is on how Surefire tries to win the lumen war.
    Yes, I reacted about that the low mode remained the same the same despite the high mode increased. 5lm low and 1000lm high: all or nothing. The low is useful only for close up task and the high mode is mostly a show off mode, for a very short while. Unnecessary sacrifying battery time.

Surefire should go back to the roots, make versatile lights with brighness settings that not only last 30s and than the light must step down due to heat problems. For most situations 300-500lm are more than enough. Normally 200lm are perfect for me. Most lights I have are below 1000lm.
    You take the words out from my mouth! I cant agree more!

Selling my outdoorsman was a huge mistake.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Tribull View Post
    Selling my outdoorsman was a huge mistake.
    Which model did you have?

I haven't been on here in many years, but I still have my e2L outdoorsman, the one with 60 lumens on high and 3 on low and I still find it useful. These flashlights today are just silly bright with one super bright mode then a low mode, or just an insane amount of modes. Totally useless for like standard hiking or camping. I need something with maybe three modes max. 350, 150, 5. I like runtime, knowing that I have the juice to not lose my light. I went right to surefire's site today to try to find a light and nothing interested me.

It was the 2xAA.

Flashaholic

Ouch, that'll leave a mark...

I have found though in my search, that they do swim in the bay from time to time.

Jim

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234