HELP!!! My IlluminaTi is dying!!!

Colinsdad

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys and gals...I figured I would post here, as you all would be the siurce to turn to for assistance with my IlluminaTi. I'm an NDI inspector for an Aersopace firm here in Western Mass, as well as an avid flashlight user. However, theres something going on with my IlluminaTi thats rather new to me, from a functionality standpoint.

I use this light DAILY, sometimes for between 3-4 hours of my 9 hour shift when I'm inspecting parts. In fact, the light itself has drawn rave reviews from co-workers, as the R5 LED in this light shows up imperfections on our parts ALOT better than the POS incandescent drop lights they give us (plus a WHOLE lot less bulky!). Within the last few shifts, I've noticed that the light's UI started working sporadically- I have the Upgrade model, with 3 different settings. Sometimes it works ONLY after unscrewing it almost a 1/2 turn in between lights, and now, only the low setting works, and thats sporadically.

I tried using a little drop of electronics cleaner on the contacts, and checked to see if there was anything occluding those- theyre clean. I use ONLY Lithium and NiMh batteries, because thats what they have available at work for our use, and I figure those are the safest as well. I've only had a few instances where the light was dropped, but that was some time ago since the last "incident", the height was less than 2 feet onto a padded shop floor, and the light has ALWAYS worked flawlessly. Any thoughts? I've already contacted Battery Junction (where I purchased this light) and I'm SURE Mark will chime in at some point about his opinions.

Any thoughts, comments, anything...throw them out!! I'd HATE to lose this little gem!! Its been my constant companion at work for the last 4 months, and frankly I shudder to think about what I'm going to have to do without it!:(

Chris

Also, does anyone have any opinions on the PeakLED lights? I wrote them an email and havent recieved a response. Should I need to replace this light, i was definitely interested in their Eiger model- any thoughts? Thanks guy!

PerttiK

Enlightened
I would suggest carefully cleaning the gap between the pcb and head and also taking the spring out from the bottom and cleaning the bottom and spring.

EXO1000

Newly Enlightened
I too had problems with my IlluminaTi. After several attemps to clean and relube did not resolve the problem. I called Battery Junction Customer Service and they sent me a replacement right away. Hassel Free! :thumbsup:

BarryG

Enlightened
My IlluminaTi quit working a while back and I had to clean the threads and contacts for about 5 min to get it back working again. Hasn't missed a beat since, I just try to clean the contacts regularly....
Good luck

Barry

flasherByNight

Enlightened
I have had same problem, drives me nuts...cleaning has helped alleviate it.

Beautiful Light, nice beam...but titanium threads suck, switching modes erratic :/