Yikes! Speaking of Candle Power! The Imagine Peace Tower - John Lennon's birthday

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMAGINE PEACE TOWER is composed of a tall shimmering tower of light that is lit every year and is visible from October 9th (John's birthday) until December 8th (the anniversary of his death). The Tower is located in Reykjavik, Iceland.

Yesterday, October 9th, 2010 would have been Lennon's 70th birthday.

A few lumens, No?

http://imaginepeacetower.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagine_Peace_Tower

peacetower2.jpg

peacetower3.jpg

peacetower1.jpg

peacetower4.jpg

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
That is pretty cool. It doesn't really say what the actual light sources are, just that the power comes from the geothermal source and that prisms are used. My God people, where are your priorities...let's list the most important thing, what is the damn light source? (J/K'ing since remembering the man and message is the real point). Amazing how beautiful that song remains after all these years.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is pretty cool. It doesn't really say what the actual light sources are, just that the power comes from the geothermal source and that prisms are used. My God people, where are your priorities...let's list the most important thing, what is the damn light source? (J/K'ing since remembering the man and message is the real point). Amazing how beautiful that song remains after all these years.

I know, I was thinking the same thing. I'm a longtime Lennon fan and even once lived around the corner from him on West 72nd Street in NYC when he lived at The Dakota. I would see him leaving and returning to the building once in awhile and would walk past the exact spot where he was shot everyday on my way to the subway. When I heard the news of his shooting it was so eerily vivid in my mind because I know the entrance to the building so well and had literally watched him get out of a cab and walk into the building on other occasions. Still, when I watched the video I kept thinking, OK, when do we get to hear all about that light??!!! The wikipedia page just says 15 searchlights with prisms.

I wonder what Lennon would be doing and thinking and saying if he were alive today?

ejot

Enlightened
That is awesome. Looks to be about 100million watt-hrs for the two months if my calcs are right.

AW will soon be introducing the AW18650-30,000,000 so we can power our own uninterrupted portable Peace Towers. :hitit: