I just replaced all my lamps... what say you (Fenix LEDs)

earthlight

Newly Enlightened
So, up until now I've been using LedLenser HokusFokus, Fenix E01 and numerous el cheapos with 5mm LEDs. Before the LED era I had countless Maglites of all sizes. :candle:

The HokusFokus, while initially very pleasing, does not really convince me anymore. I would like a more modern light with some serious output. (I also have a custom modified 55W HID in a cyclops X15 host, but that's another story).

Anyhow, we recently moved to sountryside and this place seriously is pitch black on a moonless night. I get to use my EDC E01 daily.

So, me and my friend both pulled the trigger on Fenix TK45s and HP20 headlamps. I also ordered the LD15 as my new EDC while my E01 goes to my wife's keychain. :whistle:

Do you think these are great lights?

Earthlight

Last edited:

earthlight

Newly Enlightened
Thanks LEDThrift, I think so too. We also both ordered the Maha Powerex C9000, which I hear is the state-of-the-art recharger in terms of affordable models.

So far I have been using my Lacrosse clone Technoline charger and so far the Eneloops have come out well, no meltdowns or anything.

I can hardly wait for the lamps to arrive! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

JohnnyLunar

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix LD15 is a wonderful EDC light. I've had mine for almost 3 months, and have honestly gotten more use out of it in that time than any of my other lights combined. Having it in my pocket everywhere I go has given me more than a few opportunities to use it, when otherwise, I'd just make do without, or dig out my huge keychain with the E01 on it. The difference between the E01 and the LD15 will blow your mind!

The LD15 interface is so simple. Twist for 117 lumens, twist off, then on again for 8 lumens. The beam profile is perfect for EDC, a very large hotspot with a wide bright spill. I wish that Fenix made a version with a tail clicky and a pocket clip, but the LD15 is nearly perfect the way it is. Enjoy your new lights!

Newly Enlightened
Generally speaking most of fenix 1 X AA light does not support Li-Ion 14500. I'm wondering if anybody had experience using 14500 in LD15, does it still regulated or direct drive?

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a great lover of Fenix lights but the LD15 does not hit the mark for me,it lacks a good medium mode,the LD10 is my next buy as I prefer a click switch and a medium mode.

earthlight

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix LD15 is a wonderful EDC light. I've had mine for almost 3 months, and have honestly gotten more use out of it in that time than any of my other lights combined. Having it in my pocket everywhere I go has given me more than a few opportunities to use it, when otherwise, I'd just make do without, or dig out my huge keychain with the E01 on it. The difference between the E01 and the LD15 will blow your mind!

I think so too! :twothumbs Every night I go to the garage and do stuff around the house and a bright EDC is just what the doctor ordered. I hope I will not miss a medium mode, but we'll see.

The LD15 interface is so simple. Twist for 117 lumens, twist off, then on again for 8 lumens. The beam profile is perfect for EDC, a very large hotspot with a wide bright spill. I wish that Fenix made a version with a tail clicky and a pocket clip, but the LD15 is nearly perfect the way it is. Enjoy your new lights!

A large artefact free beam and good spill are very good characteristics for an EDC. I just hope my keyes will not scratch the lens. E01 does not have this problem. :p

I will enjoy the new lights, thanks!

Earthlight

earthlight

Newly Enlightened
I am a great lover of Fenix lights but the LD15 does not hit the mark for me,it lacks a good medium mode,the LD10 is my next buy as I prefer a click switch and a medium mode.

A good medium mode would be nice. Time will tell whether I'll miss it too much. But at the moment I think low will satismy most of my needs when full output is not desireable.

Earthlight