pelican 8060

highteckredneck

Newly Enlightened
hi, i work for the railroad and im looking for a bright flashlight for when im out at work. also i need to have a long battery life. i found the pelican 8060 that claims 180 lumens and 6 hour battery life plus you can use 4 c cell batterys which is a cool feature.is this a good flasdhlight or is there anything else maybe sombody knows about? thanks

afdk

Newly Enlightened
Hello,:wave: I own the Pelican 9410 Lantern. It has 710 lumen max, 300 on low. This light will run for 4.5 hours on low, 1.75 on high. It's only a rechargeable light running on NiMh internal battery pack. Maybe you should consider it? It's considerably brighter then the pelican 8060. Go to the Pelican web site and take a look at it. One nice thing about it, you can stand it on end and angle the head for use as a work light!

Last edited:

curtispdx

Enlightened
I had one and liked it. If a LONG run time and the ability to use c cells is a priority then it's a pretty good choice.

highteckredneck

Newly Enlightened
Hello,:wave: I own the Pelican 9410 Lantern. It has 710 lumens max, 300 on low. This light will run for 4.5 hours on low, 1.75 on high. It's only a rechargable light runing on NiMh interal batteries. Maybe you should consider it? It's considerably brighter then the pelican 8060. Go to the Pelican web site and take a look at it. One nice thing about it, you can stand it on end and angle the head for use as a work light!

how heavy is the light? i own a lantern now that they gave me but i dont know what kind it is but i never use it, i just want a good dependable rechargible long lasting light cause i switch rail cars out in the middle of nowhere so its pretty dark.

carrot

Flashaholic
I'm not familiar with this specific model but Pelican does make some very nice lights that are both tough and great for hard users.

Good day

Newly Enlightened
hi, i work for the railroad and im looking for a bright flashlight for when im out at work. also i need to have a long battery life. i found the pelican 8060 that claims 180 lumens and 6 hour battery life plus you can use 4 c cell batterys which is a cool feature.is this a good flasdhlight or is there anything else maybe sombody knows about? thanks
I didn't own the pelican 8060 ,but as we all know Pelican is great brand for many years . 180 lumens and 6 hour runtime ,it is has excellent runtime.

HIDblue

Enlightened
I own both the Pelican 8060 and the 7060 and actually prefer the 8060 for its size, heft, weight in the hand, long run time, and versatility being able to use the Pelican rechargeable battery as well as regular alkaline C cell batteries. I use the Pelican battery but always keep a pack of C cell batteries in the gear bag for emergencies.

The 8060 is not the brightest light around and has a rather blue-ish tint, but it feels good in the hand, has good throw, and takes a beating. Plus, Pelican has a Lifetime warranty, which, fortunately, I've never had to use.

Hope this helps, and :welcome:

Last edited:

afdk

Newly Enlightened
:wave:The Pelican 9410 lantern weighs 3 pounds which is very light considering its light output. The side spill of this light is very wide so you can see not only where the beam is but all around. It would be great for your kind of work! This light was designed for Utility workers/Firemen.lovecpf

highteckredneck

Newly Enlightened
:wave:The Pelican 9410 lantern weighs 3 pounds which is very light considering its light output. The side spill of this light is very wide so you can see not only where the beam is but all around. It would be great for your kind of work! This light was designed for Utility workers/Firemen.lovecpf

i looked at it and its a little out of my price range. i do like it and imight get it at christmas lol. not a bad light.

fox1x

Newly Enlightened
I've been using the 8060 for well over a year and a half now. Best feature is the insane run time I gert out of that sucker. I charge it once a week, and it's bright enough for me. (L.E.O.)

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Pelican 8060 will be good to you, I own the 7060LED
and it's only rated for an hour or so and 170 lumens.
There are brighter lights but very few as sturdy and well made. The 8060 also gives you some notice when the battery gets low by dimming were as the 7060 flickers and turns off from what I here though I never ran mine downthat far the 6 months I've owned it