In true CPFer fashion...

coolguy

Newly Enlightened
I've needed a bulb for my Tec-40 for a while. I keep putting off the trip to Radio Shack. Kind of strange that I do so because I'm always near Radio Shack, and Radio Shack is relatively close to my house.

In any case while killing time at the mall tonight, I finally remembered to stop into Radio Shack. I proceeded to their light bulb section which is housed in a tool case type rack with sliding shelves. Knowing that I would inevitably put off another trip to Radio Shack sooner than later, I purchased all the KPR-103 bulbs and all the xpr-103 bulbs for good measure.

When I proceeded to the counter the guy looked at me like I was nuts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif. He then proceed to show me his little sharper image I three led flashlight. Kind of strange that he had a sharper image flashlight and he works at radio shack but, oh well. In any case he said that I should pick up an led light to save on battery power and bulbs. I tried to explain to him that with the bulbs I was purchasing I was throw a beam up the the houses on the top of the hill... Blah, blah, blah... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Yeah, none of what I said registered to this guy and he continued to tell me about how great LED's are. So I showed him my EDC arc with the 123 battery pack, and I showed him the TL-2. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I said, NO THESE ARE LED LIGHTS. I payed for my purchase and walked out feeling that, "Life IS good" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
At least he didn't have a G*g. The Luxeon lights always blow away people who have *some* knowledge about LED's. A neighbor of mine thought my L4 was an HID /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and I finally had to show him the Lumiled data sheet to convince him that they were truly indeed LED's. He asked where I got it so I'm waiting to see if he actually buys one since he has some symptoms of flash-a-holism.

CM

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
CM, yours must have had a blue-tinted led then; most of the people who see the output of my arc LSH (Q4J luxeon) comment that it looks like that of a BMW headlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

coolguy

Newly Enlightened
CM: Forgive my ignorance... What is a G*g? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I've been out of the loop for a little bit, and coming back to CPF has been very exciting to learn about all the new things that have come out.

LogicNerd: Just go to the flashlight area of any shop and I'm sure someone will start to ramble about their knowledge of lights...

In any case last week when I went to a local gun shop to check out their light selection, the owner started to point me to the L-4. He says, "It's damn bright huh?" He tells me it's a Lumileds. He then takes out a piece of paper, and shows me 'LUMILEDS' and 'LUXEON' written on a piece of paper. It was pretty neat to see someone getting into the whole LED light thing. I couldn't help but, show him my TL-2 and talk about how there are so many options when it comes to carrying lights. I told him how the L-4 had more Lumens but, less lux(throw). I even told him how there is still much debate about LEDs being used for 'tactical' uses. And he mentions about some crazy kid coming in a few months back telling him about how to make the Tec-40's they carry super bright. I then informed me that it was ME! He had the right idea about lights, he just needed direction so I gave him the URL for CPF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
coolguy said:
...Forgive my ignorance... What is a G*g? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif...

[/ QUOTE ]

G*g = Gag = Gaglight = Maglite

Brightnorm

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great Story, I was at yet another BBQ yesterday when someone needed a light to grill. A friend of a friend pulls out his generic Photon and shines it at the grill. I pull out my L4 and shine it at the grill.
Guy: ''Whoa, lemme see! *shines it at his eyes* Damn its bright!''

roguesw

Enlightened
This happened to my friend, he works in a lighting consultant firm, they are designing lighting for office buildings and he just got the data sheets from Lumileds regarding their luxeon rings, he was telling me bout the new luxen range, and i just pulled out my KL3 : ) he's gonna bring it in to work to show the boss.
but he did tell me a new thing bout fibre optics lighting, a panel which provides a soft glow, he calles it panel lighting, you can have multiple panels in your home that can change colours to suit ur mood, apparently they use them for kids hospital rooms to provide different colours on all the walls to help healing.
Anyways, felt good to have some technology on hand : )

coolguy

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
V8TOYOTATRK said:
Great Story, I was at yet another BBQ yesterday when someone needed a light to grill. A friend of a friend pulls out his generic Photon and shines it at the grill. I pull out my L4 and shine it at the grill. Guy: ''Whoa, lemme see! *shines it at his eyes* Damn its bright!''

[/ QUOTE ]

Cooking and lights... Always an issue with my friends and I. That would make a great post! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

83Venture

Enlightened
Had a building power outage last week. Since I usually have several lights with me I passed some out to some Co-Workers (Infinity Ultra, SL 2L, EternaLight etc.). I used the LSH-S, One Lady commented it looked like a CSI light.

I left the Infinity and went home, came in the next day and the lady I lent it to went to her desk and handed it back to me - STILL ON. She put it in her drawer and went home, was on from 4:30 pm until 8:00 am (15 1/2 hrs). I compared it to my EDC Arc AAA and it was still about 1/2 as bright as the Arc.

Latest posts