How does LSH-P compare to McLux TK

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since the LS4 is coming out soon, there have been a lot of good sales on LSH-P's in the B/S/T section. I would like to know how bright the LSH-P is compared to a McLux TK with NX05 optics. Beamshots would be great, but not madatory. Thank you.

paulr

Flashaholic
The McLux TK comes with a flood reflector so it has a much wider, more even beam than the LSH-P but with quite a bit less throw. You can swap out the reflector for an NX05 and then the beams will be more similar, though the LSH-P will still have a bit narrower beam because of its high dome emitter. Total brightness should be comparable: the LSH-P comes with a P or Q bin high dome emitter and the McLux TK's (I believe) have a low dome Q3L.

In terms of handling and use, they're really not similar lights. The Arc is a compact, military-looking light with almost no concessions to style and not much modding opportunity. The McLux is quite a bit bigger and more configurable (modular); it has a pocket clip and threaded accessory ports; you can swap heads, battery packs, reflectors and optics, etc. It also has a striking visual appearance, an artful design that looks like a tiny Star Wars light saber. The McLux is not as easily EDC'able as the Arc, but it makes more of an artistic statement and is as close as it gets to poetry in a flashlight.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Build your own McLux. Then you can tailor it to your *exact* requirments. As to EDC, i find the McLux easier because although slightly larger, it has the benefit of a superb pocketclip. Its still smaller than an E2e, and thats no great strain to EDC.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't provide beam shots at the moment, but the McLux TK is a low-dome and usually uses a McFlood, but with NX-05 optics provides a beam similar to a SureFire KL1. The LSH-P has a relatively small hot spot and a lower level corona and a longer throw.

Both are very high quality, but it's tough to compare them due to the difference in the emitter. An Arc LSL would be almost the same as the McLux with NX-05. It would just be up to the Luxeon Lottery for color and consistency of beam.

I would comment on runtimes, voltage, etc... but I don't feel qualified and would rather leave that up to someone who knows the circuitry a little better.

IMO, the LS4 is going to be a real eye popper.