NiteCore : Extreme ,Defender or non ?

daf3m

Enlightened
Hello CPF . At this moment i think i am in a dilemma:oops: so i am going to need your help/opinion..

Though a Fenix fun ,i 'd like to replace my backup EDC PD20(Q5) .At this moment the options i have in mind (the buy will be made from local stores only) is from Nitecore .I like both the Defender and the Extreme. The obvious answer would be "buy both..!" ,but i am afraid i can't since the Defender costs 59.90 euros & the Extreme 64.90 euros.Total =124.80 euros :sigh:..

I've already read that the Extreme will eventually loose part of its emitting power ..Also ,at this moment i think i don't want another CR123 flashlight .
On the other hand i feel that the 145 lumens of the Defender would not satisfy my eyes since i mostly use my TK11 R2 .I would appreciate as much throw(outdoor use) as i can have combined with good regulation(?) like from Fenix..

I must admit that i like that it is an AA flashlight which probably also fits in my Fenix headband & I like that both have momentary function (if only Fenix had...:sigh:)

Can you help me?Also please list any issues with these two lights :)

Last edited:

daf3m

Enlightened
Where did you get that? Mine is 3 years old and hasn't lost anything. :shrug:

At this moment i am afraid i can not answer this question since it has been a while from reading "Extreme" threads!

Last edited:

Larbo

Enlightened
I have had my extreme for about a year and its a very good light with great throw ( R2 version ) , as far as 123's get a few rcr123's.

Flaptipulon

Newly Enlightened
I Have the extreme as well (r2 version). I've had it about a year and it's still working great. very bright. Only thing I didn't like is that when the pocket clip screws came loose and I tried to tighten them back up I stripped out one of the holes in the body, (I'm probably at fault there for tightening it just a tad too much) so now it's clipless but it's still a great little light. It takes turns with my quark 123 tactical as my edc. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one if I ever lost it.