Light Flux LF2XT Switch

crizyal

Enlightened
OK, so I have a LF2XT that has been acting flaky once and a while. Sometimes it won't turn on until the battery is removed for a bit. I read somewhere that stretching the switch spring sometimes helps. When I attempted this, the spring pulled right off the switch. I tried to solder it back on... My skills are lacking in this regard. :ohgeez: Long story short, I destroyed the switch. I was wondering is anybody had an extra one or a source where I could purchase one. Thank you.

bansuri

Enlightened
I'm afraid you may have been working on the wrong spring, or not.
There is a tiny spring that sits above the momentary switch inside the switch housing that pushes against the "On" button, stretching that can change the feel of the switch. The one on the battery side of the switch housing is pretty firm in it's stock state, hard to imagine a problem there...
Regardless, if you think it has any chance of being salvaged I'd love the challenge, no charge, of course.
If the printed circuit board copper traces haven't separated from the board it may be repairable. If not a PM to one of the CPF dealers may lead you to a source for a new switch board.
PM me.

Last edited:

pae77

Enlightened
When you get the switch spring replaced or repaired, for the original problem, try cleaning the threads of the body and the switch really thoroughly using some contact cleaner or alcohol. That cured a switch that was acting up on mine. It's been just perfect since I cleaned all the threads for several weeks now.

crizyal

Enlightened
I'm afraid you may have been working on the wrong spring, or not.
There is a tiny spring that sits above the momentary switch inside the switch housing that pushes against the "On" button, stretching that can change the feel of the switch. The one on the battery side of the switch housing is pretty firm in it's stock state, hard to imagine a problem there...

LOL, I do feel quite stupid. What you said is correct and I am not sure why I didn't realize it before I killed the switch. The truth is I am not sure that my switch problem was the switch in the first place. It was just something to try. The light worked flawlessly for about 6 months or so. After I lubed it up, I started to get the problem. Common sense would dictate the problem being lube where it shouldn't be. I have cleaned and cleaned with no avail.

Thanks for the offer on the repair. This one got pretty hot though. :eek:

EDIT: I have sourced a tail assembly for $10 shipped, from KuKu427.

Last edited:

crizyal

Enlightened
When you get the switch spring replaced or repaired, for the original problem, try cleaning the threads of the body and the switch really thoroughly using some contact cleaner or alcohol. That cured a switch that was acting up on mine. It's been just perfect since I cleaned all the threads for several weeks now.

I will try this. That part really doesn't need lube anyway. If all is well with the light, it would very rarely move. Thanks for the suggestion. :candle: