Thrunite Catapult V1 ... holster and case suggestions?

Enl1ghtened

Newly Enlightened
So, after waiting since Sept 18, my Catapult arrived, Canadian customs had it for over a week, but now she sits in my hot little hand, and it was worth the wait. Now I am looking for ways to carry such a hefty light. I received the Thrunite holster for the light, and it fits great, but it just sits in there and I'm afraid if I ended up having to run, it would probably pop out. Does anyone know of any 'securable' holsters large enough for this light, possibly even a horizontal one?

Also, I will probably be buying a hard case, either Pelican or similar, for home or vehicle storage of the light and was wondering if people had size suggestions and possibly even photos of their Catapults, V1 or V2, in a case. I only have a few other small flashlights that are worth storing so Im mostly looking for a medium to small case for it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks CPFers!

Rod911

Enlightened
I'll just quote myself here...
Yes, Thrunite has released a holster for their Catapult, but I wanted something that protected the head of the light.

I searched high and low and I did purchase the Ripoffs holster linked to by Biodarren above as well, only to find that it did not fit.

My search lead me to one of Solarforce's offerings. I could only find this holster (they call it a pouch) on eBay. So when it finally arrived at my doorstep today, I was eager to test it. I found that it was exactly what I was looking for.

The holster is adjustable and well made. Admittedly, I'll probably only use the holster to protect the head/lens of the light whilst I take it traveling with me. I do have a few pictures, but I thought I may as well take a quick and dirty video of the holster with the light.

Link of said video can be found here. Video was taken with my n95.

The above posted in this thread.

Enl1ghtened

Newly Enlightened
Well Rod, thanks for pointing out my epic search function fail :oops:. And that 'pouch' is exactly what I am looking for, so thank you for the post and the video.

Also, what do you do for home storage or your Catapult? Does it get put back in the box? Stay assembled on a shelf or do you have a hard case for it?

Thanks!

bkumanski

Enlightened
I hope not to offend too bad, but that is one ugly holster and convoluted as hell. Two flaps, then a strap, then a loose cover which looks like it barely catches. I wish there were more big light holsters!

This one fits too, but the bottom is a little loose. Fits a C Mag better...
http://www.drillspot.com/products/5...p_led__sl-20xp__sl-20x_led_sl-20x_holster?s=1

I'm not plugging this vendor, it's just the first google hit I found for it.

Maxpedition also has an adjustable one:

http://www.batteryjunction.com/maunflbash17.html

I know, it's convoluted too...

Last edited:

Rod911

Enlightened
Also, what do you do for home storage or your Catapult? Does it get put back in the box? Stay assembled on a shelf or do you have a hard case for it?
Nothing fancy. I keep mine in the laundry basket. Don't ask me why, but it just managed to find a home there. It doesn't cause any problems at all. I keep it fed with AW's 18650 IMRs. Despite the lower capacity and thus a decrease in run times, to my eyes, it produces more light than a typical LiCO cell. Any way, I have plenty of other lights I can use if I want extended run time, something floody or whatever. This is strictly my bright spot light. And no, I don't have a HID in my collection yet, and I don't think I will in the near future. I'm happy with my LED collection.

I hope not to offend too bad, but that is one ugly holster and convoluted as hell. Two flaps, then a strap, then a loose cover which looks like it barely catches. I wish there were more big light holsters!
I cannot agree more with you there. I did search for a holster for the Catapult and made a mistake or two in the way, but found myself with the Solarforce offering. The whole 'front' of the holster all have velcro loops and the corresponding flap, velcro hooks covering an area of 90mm*50mm - plenty of room to make sure the flap is secure.

Yes it is a convoluted piece of equipment, but the fact that it has the ability to take on even something the size of a 6P light, shows it is quite versatile in the type of lights it can accommodate.

gmf2010

Newly Enlightened
If you don't mind a little bulk, and are looking for something that offers full coverage, I found that the Condor UMP 45 / P90 Mag Pouch works quite well for keeping the Catapult (V2 in my case) safe from harm.

Enl1ghtened

Newly Enlightened
If you don't mind a little bulk, and are looking for something that offers full coverage, I found that the Condor UMP 45 / P90 Mag Pouch works quite well for keeping the Catapult (V2 in my case) safe from harm.

That's a good idea as well. I never thought to look outside of flashlight holsters.

Thanks!

Scuderia

Newly Enlightened
I'm using the Nite Ize Stretch holster for my Cat. Its a tight fit, no problems so far.

As for the casing, my Cat resides in here.

_MG_9984.jpg

bkumanski

Enlightened
On a camo sheet no,less. Remind me to come over to your house during the Apocalypse :twothumbs.