just realised.. i have edc´d my quark aa tact neutral tint now for..

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
now for.. almost 13 months. wow. how time flies.

got it a month before that i think.. in august. and it took few weeks to really surpass nitecore d10 from the throne by my side.

they ended up going side by side for months.. but first weeks it was fierce and bloody battle of flashlights. which would be the king.

and slowly the momentary clicky and the better tint just won.

nowdays the d10 is only take out as "for fun".. it is one of the lights i rotate as my "user for today" but the quark pretty much everyday has ridden in my beltholster.

the holster.. yeah now its failing. month ago i had to restitch the beltloop. and now the velcro is pretty much gone and worn out. hardly any "tackyness" left.

maybe it is time to take the holster out of the quark aa titanium box and use that instead. (still wondering if i could find an hardly used Ti tactical to offer my regular model for swap. i just dont like the regular ui.)

there has been plenty others that tried to come in and rule the day but all have failed in some way or other..

couple that come to mind:

d10: the ui was great but the "cliky" never was 100%, sometimes it didnt take all the presses and cliks. and that just slowly nudged it off the 1.spot. (and the introduction of neutral/warm tints) tried all tricks to get it function "right" but never got it to work perfectly.

quark mini aa: twisty. not easily one handed operation. cool and nice. as backup or as very small and convinient sparebattery carrier.

preon1/2: close call, its biggest downfall was the reverse cliky, with tactical it would stand better chance. if i would need a slimlined light because of my clothes or something then maybe. but as of now. this is better as great backup option.

zebralight sc50: this is still in the works. i really really really want to use it and carry it. but. the clicky is too damn easy to turn on. the light is always on in my pocket by accident. and that is a real killer for this light. with stiffer cliky it would surpass my qwaat i think. with that i would drop the quark to backup role or into rotation with other "contenders".

plus others i cant bother to think at the moment.

one i wish i had tried: liteflux lf2xt. -oh well.. maybe later, if they ever come back to market.