SL TL-2 Xenon vs. Scorpion

kz1000s1

Enlightened
Is there any difference in performance between the new TL-2 and the Scorpion. I love my Scorpion but would like it's performance in the better looking and trimmer body of the TL-2.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
They both use the same bulb, same power source. The Scorpion head may be slightly larger, but I can't see a performance difference between the two.

--dan

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard a rumour that the Scorpion was now going to be discontinued. Anybody else with info?

GregR

kz1000s1

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
dano said:
They both use the same bulb, same power source. The Scorpion head may be slightly larger, but I can't see a performance difference between the two.

--dan

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great because the Scorpion is the brightest and whitest 2x123 Xenon light I've had.

Is the diameter of the body as slim as an E2e?

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it does.(body). I agree, the TL does "look" like it is thinner.

Head measurement was on the knurling of the TL-2 (thickest point)

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Consider the Streamlight NightFighter-2 (NF-2) as well. Same as the TL-2, but different body. I removed the grip ring and clip and the smoother body is more appealing to me. Same size all the way around, same reflector, bulbs, etc.

streamlight_nightfighter2_profile.jpg

I still like the Scorpion the best of the 3 due to the clickie switch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kz1000s1

Enlightened
Yea, I like the clickie also, but I hate the rubber that covers it. How much pressure does it take to depress the switch? If a momentary switch is all there is, it doesn't bother me much as long as it doesn't take much pressure.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
For both the TL-2 and NF-2 the switch is the same - a recessed momentary, twist for constant on. It doesn't take much pressure to activate the momentary.

kz1000s1

Enlightened
I hadn't considered the NF-2 before, but now that I look at it, it could be the one I get. Also, I didn't know that you could get it in OD-green. Is small knurling on the body enough to keep it from slipping in your hand without the grip ring?

A slightly thinner body also helps.

E2e body dia.- .850"
NF-2 - .875"
Scorpion - .900"
& TL-2

kz1000s1

Enlightened
I just got tne NF-2 and love it. The beam is almost the same as the Scorpion, perhaps a little brighter due to the glass lens. There isn't much difference in size either, but it feels smaller than it really is.