Hi guys, when did you become crazy for LED flashlights ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TITANER

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,i am Jack,.I bought my first flashlight four years ago ,i member the reason why i bought that flashlight is because i saw one of my friend used a small but very very bright flashlight in a trip .The flashlight'beam is so beautiful and bright,it gave me a big surprise,after that i started fell in love with LED Flashlight .I like them so much ,because it is so great ,beautiful beam and design ,amazing long-range capability and runtime,what's more it is very easy to carry ,you can use it as EDC toy.The first flashlight i own is a very lovely small plastic flashlight,though it is rather cheap,but i like it very much ,and save it untill today .

So,how about you ,guys :).

jgraham15

Enlightened
Re: Hi guys,when did you begain crazy in flashlight and can you

Hi Jack,

Well being that I am a mechanic I have always had the need for a really good flashlight. I started with a 2 cell Maglite and used that for a few years then stumbled across a Coast Led Lenser tactical rechargeable flashlight that blew the doors off of the maglite and was a heck of alot smaller and lighter. I fell in love with that flashlight and convinced a bunch of the other mechanics in the shop to buy them. They worked great for a while but eventually all started craping out. Wanting to fix them rather than keep sending them back to be repaired/replaced I stumbled across CPF.

Now I own at least 50 flashlights and half have been modified in some way and I just started buying full custom flashlights. I love CPF but damn it makes it hard to save any money when everytime I log into this site I find another flashlight that I just gotta have! :broke: :ohgeez: Even my girlfriend has an Oveready bored 6P with Moddoo triple. :twothumbs

Oh and my most used flashlight at work is now a 4Sevens Preon I with a neutral head, a clicky and runs on 10440's. One hell of a little flashlight! lovecpf

TITANER

Newly Enlightened

Now I own at least 50 flashlights and half have been modified in some way and I just started buying full custom flashlights.
lovecpf
Wow,really envy you ,i just own 9 flashlights and parts of them lent to friends .

TITANER

Newly Enlightened

I'm sorry ,the title should be when did you begain crazy in flashlight and can you member the first one you bought :banghead:

TITANER

Newly Enlightened

Hello Titaner / Jack --

Welcome to CandlePowerForums ! ! !

:welcome:

Here is my First-Loved Flashlight -- which i got Half-a-Century ago !

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1910137&postcount=86

:candle:
_
Thanks for you kind.Hardly to believe this flashlight been used for Half-a-Century ,great flashlight with unbelievable quality:thumbsup:.I doubt if now day's flashlights can have this great quality.

BarryG

Enlightened

I had a couple of Mag's and other odd lights then about 15 years ago I was working as an electrician and bought my first good light, a Surefire E1E and then it was all over. I've been hooked ever since.........aint it great:party:

Barry

micro

Newly Enlightened

It all started 4-5 years ago when I was frustrated because my Mags drained batteries so fast and the bulbs always burnt out. Since then I've switched to use only LED flashlights and now I'm trying to make them brighter!

JohnnyLunar

Newly Enlightened
My "moment of clarity" came a few years ago when I was out walking at night with my buddy around his family's 300-acre property in Central Oregon. There was about 6 inches of fresh snow glistening in the moonlight. We both had our store-bought no-name $10 LED lights. In the middle of the Cascade mountain range, with no ambient light, a clear sky with a billion twinkling stars, and the moon light glowing off the snow, my little 20-lumen light was pathetic, and could barely match the glow of the moon. Meanwhile, I couldn't help remembering the story of the recent mountain lion sighting on the property. I said to myself, "There's got to be something better than this."

Within a month or two, I had my first "real" flashlight - A Surefire E2DL.

My fanaticism waned a little after I had that first real light, then came on full-force about a year ago. And in just the last 10 months, I've bought 9 "real" LED lights, from Streamlights to Nitecores to Fenix. Right now, I'm waiting on a Jetbeam E3S to arrive in the mail...:broke:

papajoe

Newly Enlightened
Hello Jack -

I carried a 3D Mag between the seat and console in my truck for years, many years. Trusty light, never let me down. Early this year I discovered high tech lights and THIS site. :oops:

Six purchases later, and here I am . . . . . . . . .no regrets:)

Joe

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
5 or so years ago, I forget exactly when, but the Bug-Out-Gear 3W module was a big deal. I resisted for awhile, but I got one for my Surefire C2 and was blown away. That's when I knew LED's would be the next big thing.

lhhomes

Newly Enlightened
My first LED was a Nitecore G10 Golden Dragon and instantly became addicted. Showed it off to every gadget guy I knew and got several of them into the same addiction. My latest LED is the Zebralight H51 for a recent hiking trip and now shopping for my next edc light.

HorseFilms

Newly Enlightened
I think I lost my mind when I got my MTE Rebel 100 a few years back. There were a few things that really bugged me about that light, so I've spent some time trying to find the perfect one. I think I finally have, so all is well... for now.:thumbsup:

JCDLE

Newly Enlightened
Built a new house last year and discovered that the power goes out quite often in winter. I decided I didn't want to scramble looking for cheap flashlights this year like I did last year. Bought a 4sevens 123*2 tactical and now I am looking at new lights every day.... Love the 4sevens, but now want to test out some other stuff.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first time I became crazy about led lights was the first time there was a sinlge mode nichia led light at the supermarket for $20. It put out about 10 lumens but it ran for a couple of days off one set of batteries (4xAAA).

I still have that light down in the workshop as a marker in history to show myself and others how far they have come since then.

Now there's over 30 led lights in the house with a combined value of somewhere around $2,500-$3,000 if you include batteries and chargers. And most of that has been puchased in the last 18 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.