LEO duty lights - What do you carry?

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
On duty?
Depending on mood: An Ultrastinger or 20X, maybe a TL(but it's goofy to carry).
On the belt: a Stinger XT, or 9P (current choice)

Off? Occasionally an E2, or a TL-2...

--dan

will7079

Newly Enlightened
On duty - Tigerlight or Space Needle II, E2e and ARC LS on belt

Off duty - L4 or lately a Silver Pelican m6 with mcmodule W3V, clickie conversion and b270 lens, and it is very bright

Will

Experiment_626

Newly Enlightened
On duty, I carry a SF 9Z with a P91 bulb on my duty belt, and a rechargable Mag (better club than flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif)which seldom leaves the car if chance of a foot pursuit.

Off duty, I have my Arc AAA LE on my key ring and my SF 6P stays in my car attached to a modified poly duty belt holster mounted under steering wheel.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
LEO duty lights - What do you use?

I have both a Tigerlight FBOP and a Streamlight Ultrastinger in my unmarked car. In the wifie's van is a Stinger HP and a second battery stick. In my pick-up is a Streamlight SL-20X with a SL-35X lamp assembly. And a second battery stick. In the house is a 3D Mag that has been converted to a 16 or so LED configuration using 4C cells in the 3D light. I am eyeing up that Streamlight SL-20XP/LED. It is kind of a "girlie" light, so I would get it for the wife, of course. Or the boys. (Ages 3 and 7-1/2)

bmaresh

Newly Enlightened
My Dad works as a LEO, he caries a Streamlight Stinger HPXT. He's not much of a flashlight freak but likes the small size, bright light, and rechargeable battery.

He said that where he works the Streamlight Stinger is by far the most popular light, and that almost everyone uses a rechargeable. He said that most guy's also carry a small light (mag AA for example) for searching small area's. They also like the Streamlight stylus in red or blue for those times when turning on a bright light can get you hurt.

Some guys also like the Mag's and Mag chargers, but mostly because of it's potential as a self defense weapon.

Interestingly his department regulations say that the light has to be less than 11" in length and must be black.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Department issue is the nerf lite AKA PolyStinger. Department authorized back up is a mag 2AA.

What do I actually carry? PM6 with 5watt McModule, L4 and I might have the nerf lite if it has a charge. Also have a G2Z in my bag.

Off duty, the excellent E1/KL1. I have two L4s and both are not as bright as my KL1 on a single cell.

Dave_in_PA

Newly Enlightened
On-duty is an issued SL20x and my own 14 year old 6P w/p60. Off-duty is usually an E1e w/KL1 or occasionally an E2e.

OK, sometimes it's also a PT Attitude...and always a Photon II...and more in the car...I'm headed towards a problem here.

Dave

kz1000s1

Enlightened
Do you find it necessary to have a lithium cell backup for you rechargable light? I'm not an Officer, but even though my SF 8AX has some good batteries now, I feel better having my L4 or Scorpion in case the 8AX battery goes out.

Ross

Enlightened
I have a SF G2 in my vest pocket and a SF D3 on my belt (in pouch). I have a tigerlight in the car along with an EverLED modded 3D mag (which comes in handy as a backup baton occasionaly).

Ross

pd

Newly Enlightened
On duty:
SureFire M3 on my belt & an E2E clipped in my pants pocket.

Off duty:
E2E or E1E w/KL1

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Wolfen said:
...I have two L4s and both are not as bright as my KL1 on a single cell...

[/ QUOTE ]

Something doesn't sound right here. I can see if one of them isn't as bright, indicating a defective L4, but two? Sounds like you need to send them back to Surefire for warranty replacement. The L4 should be 4 times brighter than the KL1 at the minimum.

CM

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
CM,

I think Wolfen is refering to a KL4 on a single cell body [E1e] vs the KL1 on a two cell body, he posted something similar in a different thread. That might be possible [assuming that is what he meant].