$7.00 Halogen Light

UVLaser

Enlightened
Here it is. web page /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif
I've always wanted to buy a Halogen Light, is the one in this link any good?
It is only $7.00 it does fit my budget I will have enough money to spare when I buy my Brinkmann Legend LX. I have $30 I got a ten form my brother for helping him. $10-$7
=$3.00 any good flash light at $3.00 or am I better off just saving it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think you'd be better off saving that.. i know nothing of this light but i can be purdy sure that the tec40 will have a nicer beam.. and for only 4 bucks more.. (10.99 at texas tactical supply.com)

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah...That's a classic light...Way back when, it was the premier light to have, one of the first with a halogen bulb. It's almost like a piece of history...

--dan

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
dano said:
Ah...That's a classic light...Way back when, it was the premier light to have, one of the first with a halogen bulb. It's almost like a piece of history...
--dan

[/ QUOTE ]

Dano - Man that's so true, and funny you said that, I was thinking the same thing. I still remember when my buddy brought one of those on a Boy Scout camping trip many many years ago. It was the first halogen light anyone on that trip had ever seen, and man it made the rest of our flashlights look yellow and weak. I bought one as soon as I got home. I still have that very light. By todays standards this light isn't really anything special, but like you said, its kinda like a piece of history, it was a big step in the right direction for flashlights. --

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, I had one with a grey body and a yellow switch button...I probably still have it somewhere...

--dan

Spango

Newly Enlightened
Is there a version of that light that does not use a halogen bulb? I have one of similiar design lying around, the beam is super yellow and weak. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I do believe there is a version without a halogen bulb. Eveready did that often, having a standard version and a halogen version.

Do you guys remember the 3-d cell version of this light? It had a slightly larger reflector on it.

arioch

Enlightened
Yep, I have the 3D halogen model with the large head ... casts a fairly nice beam. Looks crappy now with the proliferation of smaller CR123 xenon lights.

Also have the 2D halogen model pictured above ... IMHO save your money for a better light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif