Split ring size question for McGizmo

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
I too would like to put a split ring on the Ex clip as you have. I tried using the one from an SC and while it fits, it's too big to lay flat.

Do you know the split ring size in the photo of the E1e hanging from your neck? I can get most any size in stainless from my local tackle shop.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Jeff,

It's a .292" OD. If you can't find them in the tackle shop, you can try this guy out. He has them but I think he may be a shady charactor:

THELEDGUY

grin.gif

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Thanks for the info. .292" OD seems to be size 4 and my local shop had them. Thanks again.

FWIW, here's a link to a Canadian site that has all kinds of rings, including black stainless. For only needing a few the cost and the shipping are steep, though. Many Split Rings

Darell

Flashaholic
... and minimum order of $20. That's a LOT of split rings.
smile.gif
Do tackle shops sell split ring pliers too? I need to find a pair to save my thumb nail.

*** Edit - nevermind. Just ordered a pair...

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
darell,

You're good with words. What's the conversion rate between $20 CAD and USD? The site says orders are in CAD so maybe the price isn't so bad if you need say, a bazillion split rings.

Darell

Flashaholic
To add to the confusion, the site goes on to give you shipping prices for orders UNDER $20. Oh well. I already bought some, so I'm set.
smile.gif