Got a new light today: JET-III M r5

KnOeFz

Enlightened
Yay, I received a new light today, A JET-III M from JETBeam USA. :party:

First impressions: superb built and finish, great ergonomics, easy UI and very very bright! :huh:

Here's the complete contents of the package:
- A nice box,
- The light itself, with low profile bezel,
- 2 Panasonic cr123a batteries (I'll be using 18650's mostly),
- 1 spare switch cover,
- 2 spare o-rings,
- 1 lanyard,
- Tested OK card
- Warranty card
- Operation Manual guide

adn715.jpg

Now I'm waiting for darkness to come :naughty:

qqqqqqqman

Newly Enlightened
Someone mentioned the output is up to 355 lumens....from 240....with the R5 :naughty:. Does it have a smooth reflector, OP, or that hybrid one?

KnOeFz

Enlightened
Someone mentioned the output is up to 355 lumens....from 240....with the R5 :naughty:. Does it have a smooth reflector, OP, or that hybrid one?

It looks like a smooth reflector to me. The beam is a little bit ringy, not much though. No donut holes/dark spot. Never seen the hybrid ones from Jetbeam though, so I might be mistaking.

gnicky11

Newly Enlightened
Nice light!

Did you get a white or warm emitter? I'm trying to find out if the warm version is an XP-G emitter. Anyone know?

Last edited:

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice light!

Did you get a white or warm emitter? I'm trying to find out if the warm version is an XP-G emitter. Anyone know?

I think the warm (neutral, whatever) ones they have right now are the older XRE version and they have not done a neutral/warm XPG version yet. As far as I know anyway. I'm known to be frequently wrong! :eek:oo:

bigfish5

Newly Enlightened
I would be interested in the beam profile for that light. Sounds great if it has a good mix of flood and throw. I have a eagletac t100c so i really do not need a designated thrower. Hopefully some outdoor beamshots will show up for that light. Sounds like a winner.

monkeytoys

Newly Enlightened
very nice looking light. I have been looking at this since it came out. I'd sure like to hear your review after you've used it in the dark. I can't decide if I want this or the rrt-2.

Tito

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

This morning I received my JIIIMR5 from Bugoutgearusa all Ok ! , very good and fast work for USPS and Angentina postal services ! (oct12 to oct16 = 4 days is a record for simlpe air postal service!!)

About the Jet-IIIM (R5), have very good and finish termination.
Compared with the old model (Q5) really is 50% more bright, more concentrated and the color temperature neutral.

The reflector in Q5 model is OP and smooth for the R5.

In my first look, I think perhaps by the color temperature and the replector type the image reflected in a wall is the same when you see the sun in the sky ! (with lens filter of course)

5086600263_19992809e8_z.jpg

Kind regards,
Albert.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
KnOeFz...Thanx for the post; Tito...thanx for the beam shot; This is EXACTLY the info I've been looking for, and the Jet III M R5 WILL be my next light purchase!

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered one a few days ago should get mine soon, looking forward to it now.

qqqqqqqman

Newly Enlightened
I think the warm (neutral, whatever) ones they have right now are the older XRE version and they have not done a neutral/warm XPG version yet. As far as I know anyway. I'm known to be frequently wrong! :eek:oo:

According to the JetBeam USA website, the warmer tinted one is a Q3-5A that is reduced to 200 lumens vs. the 355 lm of the R5. :(

http://www.jetbeamusa.com/products/Jet%2dIII-M.html

Shikar

Newly Enlightened
How does the JET-III M R5 beam compare to the Fenix TK12 R5, esp with respect to throw and overall light output? Thanks.

Regards.

Last edited: