led lenser lights

raggie33

*the raggedier*
are they water resitaint at all?i have the triplex and the v8 i belive.i mean will they at least survive being left in the rain.?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
They aren't very water-resistant in my opinion. I don't think leaving them out in the rain is a very good idea.
These are my results though; your mileage may vary.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
kewl ty.looks like ill have to put em in ziploc bags when i camp.cause im bad at leaveing stuff outa tent at site its a shame though the triplex is so bright.

Experiment_626

Newly Enlightened
Craig is right, these are not very water resistant at all. I've taken apart a few of them (various models) and it looks as if no consideration for water resistance was given in the design.

Also, the models with rubber-covered switches tend to have the rubber cover come off with very little effort. At least one model even comes with a REPLACEMENT switch cover under the spring in the tail cap!! Gee, instead of a spare, how about a better design?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

BTW Craig, your site is great. Very informative, and I have agreed with just about all of your reviews. Keep up the good work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
yeah im haveing buyers remorse im going to get a arc the Arc-LSL. when i save the cash

Kiessling

Flashaholic
most of them should fail in water but may survive heavy weather although the manufacturer claims the newer models to be waterproof. i do not trust them there.
the o-rings are too small and not well lubed and often selas are lacking on chricial parts.
bernhard

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I've never left one outside in the rain (3rd floor apt. with no balcony or window ledges) but I'm pretty sure they would leak and croak because they fail the suction test rather miserably. I happen to have a V2 Triplex right here (the 2-CR2 cell version, not the 3-N cell version) and tried the suction test right as I was typing this message...sure as {vulgar term for feces} it failed the suction test. I don't know exactly *where* the leak is (around the switch or around the LEDs), but it would probably leak and croak if you left it out in the rain.