WEB site pet peeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK9

Newly Enlightened
I do not know how many of you are like me, floundering around trying to get info on a flashlight manufacturer's product by going to their web site and decifering what they have.

Some WEB sites are great. They give all the information needed for the average consumer to make a somewhat informed decision about which product will work for them.

Then there are other manufacturers that are all the rage on this forum but when you go to their site you'd have to more than average knowledge about most aspects of flashlights. And trying to sift though the information on the WEB can be frustrating and time consuming. Then try to ask a question to the manufacturers themselves, EGAD!! They speak another language. I'm sure my over simplistic question may make them think I understand more than I do, but I don't.

I know I should just go the easier route and save all the mental anguish by buying the easiest one to understand. But the burning deisre to understand this cool subject in every comprehensible aspect is (almost) too great to ignore. Having OCD :)sssh:) with a limited capacity to absorbed the myriad of information pertaining to flashlights gives me a headache. :green:

Now please tell me I'm not along. :shakehead

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
last time i went bananas was at fenix website. trying to understand how ld25 and ld40 works. seriously it makes no sense. (i knew how they operated BEFORE i went there.. after reading their explanations i DIDNT! so i had to come back to cpf to verify what i thought i knew of them)

and i like to think i am already little above beginner in flashlight jargon. :/

so no. sometimes it just dont make sense.

StageGadgets

Newly Enlightened
As a retailer of flashlights (no, I'm not plugging my store) I must agree. The online presence of some of the manufacturers is just a mess. Even trying to get a decent picture of their products can be frustrating. Never mind some from different angles or resolutions, etc.

As for information, I have posted my own Buyer's Guide, to help get the newbies through the basics. So at least they buy something suited to their needs.

But for more technical info, I send my customers HERE. :)

richpalm

Banned
My biggest ***** about websites? When I click on a picture and it comes up the same tiny thumbnail. I go somewhere else. Worse is no picture at all.

Rich

Empath

Flashaholic
This can, and should, be discussed in the MarketPlace.
We'll close it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.