ken2400

Enlightened
C Battery stuck in light, it leaked
It takes 3 and the top one is stuck.
How do I remove it?

Thanks

parnell

Newly Enlightened
You can take the clip out of the top and pull the switch assembly out. Just take a small screwdriver of pick to get it out.

Then find a way to push the cell out the bottom.(dowel, broomstick, or something) You can neutralize the alkaline with vinegar or lemon juice and light scrubbing. Then rinse it and reassemble. The aluminum will probably be pitted but that is only superficial. Hopefully the switch assembly is still good.

I was able save a D20 for a friend this way who didn't want to try his hand with the battery company.

Good luck.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
depends on the light it is in. You could try a strap wrench aroung the top part of the light held tightly and bang the handle of the wrench near the light on something solid hard that may create enough of a jolt to jar the offending cell loose. Also try drilling a hole in the battery and using a slide hammer and hope it comes out.

scriverdog

Newly Enlightened
hope I'm not hijacking this thread but I think my question is relevant. does anyone know where to buy round brushes that could be used to scrub out a flashlight barrel, maybe brushes in different diameters?

I've got double A maglites with batteries "stuck" in them, although I don't see leakage.

it seems a set of different diameter brushes would be handy for this application.

parnell

Newly Enlightened
The plumbing section in most hardware stores should have a brush that should work for an AA tube.

430Scuderia

Newly Enlightened
Just send the whole light back to Maglight and they will replace it free with a new one. Just leave the old corroded batteries inside.

C Battery stuck in light, it leaked
It takes 3 and the top one is stuck.
How do I remove it?

Thanks

Last edited:

ken2400

Enlightened
Maglight I wish :grin2:
I was wrong it takes 3 D batteries.

I took it to work today, drilled out battery (Fun Fun), then used a screwdriver to pull the rest out, added a washer on the end that was next to the switch because the contact was small or messed up with the repair and now a cheep 3 D flashlight lives again.

Well at least 8 of the 10 5mm leds light up at least.
Thanks for the help guys!

Just send the whole light back to Maglight and they will replace it free with a new one. Just leave the old corroded batteries inside.

Bozzlite

Enlightened
hope I'm not hijacking this thread but I think my question is relevant. does anyone know where to buy round brushes that could be used to scrub out a flashlight barrel, maybe brushes in different diameters?

I've got double A maglites with batteries "stuck" in them, although I don't see leakage.

it seems a set of different diameter brushes would be handy for this application.

Try a sporting goods store for the brushes. a 45 or 50 cal cleaning kit should have a wire brush in it. Good for AA size.

Latest posts