Is crenelated part of 6PD bezel removable?

TheTana13

Newly Enlightened
I thought it's one part but one post on eBay made me think that that cranelated part can be removed and maybe replaced with OverReady's black stainless steel ring. Searched thru forum but can't find the answer and local PX is not going to have 6PD for at least 3-4 more weeks in offer.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought it's one part but one post on eBay made me think that that cranelated part can be removed and maybe replaced with OverReady's black stainless steel ring. Searched thru forum but can't find the answer and local PX is not going to have 6PD for at least 3-4 more weeks in offer.

Yes you can remove the cranelated part. The 6P and the 6PD head of my both light looks the same only the cranelated is different. I guess you need a removal tool to unscrew this bezel. I can not unscrew the bezel of my 6PD head with my hands.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Bezels (and their parts) are interchangeable between the 6P and 6PD. The differences are above the glass.

Give the bezel about 15 minutes at 200F, then check out step 3B here.

But instead of a tool (which won't be compatible anyway), you want the cren teeth pressing down into firm rubber (the sole of a Teva works well for this).

A bit of heat, a bit of pressure, a bit of torque, it will screw right off.

michelkenny

Newly Enlightened
Don't you have to replace the crenellation part with a plastic ring, otherwise the lens will fall out?

TheTana13

Newly Enlightened
Bezels (and their parts) are interchangeable between the 6P and 6PD. The differences are above the glass.

Give the bezel about 15 minutes at 200F, then check out step 3B here.

But instead of a tool (which won't be compatible anyway), you want the cren teeth pressing down into firm rubber (the sole of a Teva works well for this).

A bit of heat, a bit of pressure, a bit of torque, it will screw right off.

Teva ??? Great plan... I bought my wife 3-4 pairs of Teva's in the past 365 days and finally they will pay themselves off.

This is a good plan then, I'm on lookout for couple of 6PDL with P60L... however... is anything possible to do with LX4 version of 6PDL and 120 lumens? Considering that LX4 is GLUED, can anything be done with crenelated part?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
is anything possible to do with LX4 version of 6PDL and 120 lumens? Considering that LX4 is GLUED, can anything be done with crenelated part?

We've checked out a few LX4's. None were compatible with anything Z44 and nothing Z44 appears compatible with them. So its all or nothing. If you don't want the stock configuration, try to find one of the older versions or upgrade an incan version.