Want to Buy a Custom Bright Light

hivoltage

Enlightened
OK, I want an insanely bright light, it will probably be a custom built one. Needs to be LED's. I had a Mag Custom with Bulb and was not impressed. I do like the Mag host though, anyhow I just want to know what options I have. Thanks!!!!

soli

Newly Enlightened
If you want to stick with the Mag as a host, I think Mac's Customs or Malkoff's Drop-ins would fit the bill.

hivoltage

Enlightened
I done need to stick with a Mag host, it is just a nice size. So what is the brightest drop-in for a Mag? Who makes it and where can I get it. ?

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Contact Lambdalights for an insane mag upgrade.

Also contact Elektrolumens as Wayne builds some insane stuff also. I've got his 'little' Decree XP-G and it simply rocks. Puts out as much light as P7 lights I've got and nearly twice as much light as every other XP-G light I own. For a fee, he will build you a triple XP-G Blaster (magish size) that will pump out over 1000 lumens in a wall of light.

Mac's SST-50 upgrade is a real good one, though it doesn't throw very far and only appears to be really bright when it's very dark as any ambient light swallows up the HUGE spill it produces.

Mac is also in the process of building a completely insane 3000+ lumen mag that uses a triple, triple XP-G set up. Pricey though.

You might want to hold off for a little while as the XM series of leds are due soon and I'm sure there will be a few modders making use of them fairly quickly. I've heard rumors Gene (Malkoff Devices) is working with them now for is new mag drop-in. It's just a rumor though.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lambdalights will build you a custom Mag. Their custom VaraPower 2000 is the only LED light I know of that has been PROVEN to have 2000 lumens out the front. Others make the claim and the ones that were tested fell short. I have a VaraPower 2000 on the way.

belomeclone

Enlightened
Lambdalights will build you a custom Mag. Their custom VaraPower 2000 is the only LED light I know of that has been PROVEN to have 2000 lumens out the front. Others make the claim and the ones that were tested fell short. I have a VaraPower 2000 on the way.

God, what does it take to power that?!

flashfiend

Enlightened
LambdaLights Varapower 2000 is probably a really good option. But if you want a Mag that is slightly smaller you can do the following:

1D Mag body cut w/ deep tailcap mod (even shorter body) by forum member wquiles and bored by same for a Fivemega 4xAA battery pack. Then have forum member nailbender build light with sst-90. This is compact and bright.

You can go insanely bright with a 3x sst-90 setup and for that I would recommend a Fivemega Elephant short body, Der Wichtel 3xLED kit, TaskLED H6Flex driver. And nailbender or anyone equally capable (including you if so inclined) can build the light.

I have to admit the Varapower 2000 may be the best value.

noleincol

Newly Enlightened
I have owned my VaraPower 2000 going on four months and could not be more pleased with the investment. One can always desire more lumens and lux, but for my purposes (prison perimeter) the VP 2000 is more than "just adequate". I power mine with 4C, 3D, and 4D (with battery tube extension) Nimh. Contact Kevin and secure a place on the build list.