The HDS / Ra Junkie Thread (now with Pics).

Belstaff1464

Enlightened
Hello.

My name is Michael............and I'm a HDS Junkie.

This morning I went to one of my favourite pusher, Oveready, and I scored 100grams of pure-grade orange Cerakoted goodness.........but was it enough ??!! HELL NO !!!

12 hours later I was looking for another fix !!! This time I wanted the high grade stuff......and I found it (thanks KD)!!!! 99.999% pure grade Titanium goodness.

Is it enough ??!! For the moment, YES !!! But already I'm hankering for some Jungle Green from Oveready. This shipment better come soon or there'll be hell to pay !! I guess I'll just have to make do with my high-CRI for my high.......such pretty colours......Look at all those pretty colours..........:green:

Come and share with me your addiction so we may all comfort one another...........

Last edited:

TITANER

Newly Enlightened
Re: The HDS / Ra Junkie Thread.

As i can see you are really a HDS / Ra Junkie :).Just do it as you like ,but maybe you should need enough money ;).

stoli67

Enlightened

How did you score the Orange.... still says out of stock

Must have missed it again!

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

HIDblue

Enlightened

Hello.

This morning I went to one of my favourite pusher, Oveready, and I scored 100grams of pure-grade orange Cerakoted goodness.........but was it enough ??!! HELL NO !!!

12 hours later I was looking for another fix !!! This time I wanted the high grade stuff......and I found it (thanks KD)!!!! 99.999% pure grade Titanium goodness.

Is it enough ??!! For the moment, YES !!! But already I'm hankering for some Jungle Green from Oveready. This shipment better come soon or there'll be hell to pay !! I guess I'll just have to make do with my high-CRI for my high.......such pretty colours......Look at all those pretty colours..........:green:

Come and share with me your addiction so we may all comfort one another...........

How about some photos??? Especially of the new cerakote orange. I still haven't convinced myself to spend that kind of money on a single cell light, but with all of the rave reviews, top-of-the list of CPF must-have lights, blah, blah, blah...I'm feeling the siren song of an HDS executive in the near future.

But for the time being, let me live vicariously through photos of others' HDS lights...:drool:

Oveready only has 1 photo of their orange HDS/Ra Clicky. :candle:

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast

How about some photos??? Especially of the new cerakote orange. I still haven't convinced myself to spend that kind of money on a single cell light, but with all of the rave reviews, top-of-the list of CPF must-have lights, blah, blah, blah...I'm feeling the siren song of an HDS executive in the near future.

But for the time being, let me live vicariously through photos of others' HDS lights...:drool:

Just do it! :devil: You won't regret it.

-Robert

palimpsest

Newly Enlightened

Orange is one of my prefered color but i prefer to use it with parsimony. So using it for a small object seems ideal but in fact the actual orange hype is not my cup of tea.
It tends to be a very common way to look uncommon.

Additionnaly, the more does not mean the better. An electrical torch is a tool, a pocket EDC torch takes all is sense when it is really used daily. A pocket EDC torch that stays at home is not a good tool so i prefer to stick with only one Ra clicky 100HC in team with a Mac SST-50 EDC. I prefer to be addict to only one Ra clicky to use it as often as it desserves.

Just my 2 cents even if anyone is free to buy as much tools as he wants.

Last edited:

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

And here I thought the Ra Junkie was a newly announced HDS light.

Bass

Enlightened

Love the look of the Ti-Twisty in the link above to AWTYD sales thread :drool:

Belstaff1464

Enlightened

How did you score the Orange.... still says out of stock

Must have missed it again!

I check Oveready regularly. I knew that they had just done a run of camo SF hosts so I checked yesterday morning......and Hello !!! There was one single orange Clicky for sale. That's how I scored my second Fanta-flavoured Clicky.:sssh:

The ultimate HDS fix for me would be a Ti Twisty. Good thing for my wallet only 5 were ever made. Member CHRONOS took some nice pictures.

:naughty:

Yep.....I know about 'em. But methinks their owners won't be relinguishing them anytime soon. And when they do, it will probably be a covert/discrete transaction and not listed on B/S/T.

I'll see what I can do. I can't seem to find the computer cable for my Camera. Plus I should probably wait for the 2nd orange one and the Ti to arrive before taking a family photo :grin2:.

Take the plunge........you won't regret it and you'll never look back But be warned !!! There's no going back !!! It's an expensive habit and impossible to break.

Orange is one of my prefered color but i prefer to use it with parsimony. So using it for a small object seems ideal but in fact the actual orange hype is not my cup of tea.
It tends to be a very common way to look uncommon.

Additionnaly, the more does not mean the better. An electrical torch is a tool, a pocket EDC torch takes all is sense when it is really used daily. A pocket EDC torch that stays at home is not a good tool so i prefer to stick with only one Ra clicky 100HC in team with a Mac SST-50 EDC. I prefer to be addict to only one Ra clicky to use it as often as it desserves.

Just my 2 cents even if anyone is free to buy as much tools as he wants.

For it's not just the colour, although the orangeness has already saved me once from losing my Clicky. Cerakote is a really durable coating. They use it on firearms and even on the moving parts, e.g. the slides. Plus no more bare ano spots !!! It's just a beautiful finish. I'm even thinking of getting my other non-HDS lights Cerakoted but probably in the basic black or midnight blue.

And here I thought the Ra Junkie was a newly announced HDS light.

:crackup:

stoli67

Enlightened

Hello.

Great score on the Orange....

One day they will be in plentifull supply!

HIDblue

Enlightened

Just do it! :devil: You won't regret it.

-Robert

You're probably right. I figure I've spent so much money on other lights, I probably could've purchased several HDS/Ra Clicky's at this point.

And btw, great photo! Very nice contrast between the in-focus Ra Clicky and the slightly out-of-focus Glock. :thumbsup:

Belstaff1464

Enlightened

And btw, great photo! Very nice contrast between the in-focus Ra Clicky and the slightly out-of-focus Glock. :thumbsup:

I'm amazed and impressed how you can tell what type of gun that is from that out-of-focus shot. Mind you, I'd probably be able to do the same if it was a Clicky :D

kaichu dento

Flashaholic

I'm amazed and impressed how you can tell what type of gun that is from that out-of-focus shot. Mind you, I'd probably be able to do the same if it was a Clicky :D
The grip in the background is one giveaway, but you will notice it's the special item that was placed up front.

Belstaff1464

Enlightened

Mind you, I wouldn't be game enough to say it to someone with a Glock !!! I know the Clicky is bulletproof but I still would not want to test it in a literal sense.......but I'm a coward :eek:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic

Mind you, I wouldn't be game enough to say it to someone with a Glock !!! I know the Clicky is bulletproof but I still would not want to test it in a literal sense.......but I'm a coward :eek:
I had a Fenix light a couple years ago that David of 4Sevens fame shot with a 9mm - still had the slug in it! It didn't work anymore, but I'd like to see someone try that with a Clicky sometime and see if it would still produce light. :popcorn:

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast

You're probably right. I figure I've spent so much money on other lights, I probably could've purchased several HDS/Ra Clicky's at this point.

Thank you. :)

The grip in the background is one giveaway, but you will notice it's the special item that was placed up front.
...........and justifiably so :D
Ra, Ra, Ra-Ra-Ra! :D
:laughing: You guys crack me up!

Belstaff1464

Enlightened

I had a Fenix light a couple years ago that David of 4Sevens fame shot with a 9mm - still had the slug in it! It didn't work anymore, but I'd like to see someone try that with a Clicky sometime and see if it would still produce light. :popcorn:

From what distance ? Sounds like a cue for Henry :poke:. I'd give the Ti Clicky a 15% chance of survival

:xyxgun:

:laughing: You guys crack me up!

We're here to entertain. :D