What was that movie called?

K-T

*Moderator*
I am trying to remember the title of a movie I watched some time ago on video. The only thing I do remember about it is that a large part of it is about a woman chained to a hotdog cart while she is talking via phone to a mad sharpshooter who wants something from her. During that he shoots a cop. If I remember correct a theater close by blows up later.
The reason I remembered that film is because there was a movie in the theaters a short while ago with very similar content. Some guy was helt inside a telephone booth while someone pointed a gun at him.

Who knows the title of the first movie I am talking about? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
I can't help ya with the movie title, K-T... but speaking of this "theme"... (I'm about to hijack your thread! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif ).... did anyone hear about the Pizza delivery guy who blew up today in front of the cops while he was handcuffed and waiting for the bomb squad to arrive and get rid of the bomb he had strapped around his chest? He said that some lunatic put it on him and forced him to rob a bank. Show of hands who believe that one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

K-T

*Moderator*
Geoff, the second one is Phonebooth, correct.

Thanks to Treek and Ed for the first one. That's the movie I was talking about. Didn't it also use some split-screen sceens where different views were shown at the same time? I saw an interview with someone who was playing a role in "Phonebooth" and he claimed it was the first time something like that was done in a movie. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
...did anyone hear about the Pizza delivery guy who blew up today...

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------
Didn't hear about it yet, but hopefully no one else got hurt and if that's the case..."Tried, Convicted, Sentenced!!" (saves alot of money!)

Reminds me a bit of the movie with Michael Douglas - "The Star Chamber" where the judges "levied justice" (after hours/off duty of course) on the crooks that "got off" due to minor technicalities...

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I remember correctly, "Phonebooth" was filmed before "Liberty stands still", but the Phonebooth date was pushed far back due to the DC area shootings.

As a side note, am I the only one that thinks Collin Farrel is ruining it for all us normal males. I've heard his name brought up by more women this summer than any other actor...

-Jason

mouse

Newly Enlightened
Phone Booth was, in fact, pushed back due to the D.C. sniper, but (interesting piece of trivia) the movie has been floating around in one form or another for decades. It was pitched by the writer to Hitchcock in the 60s. The life cycle of movies can be really interesting.
And I actually like Colin. Of course, maybe it's just the Irish in me.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hitchcock would have done a good job with it. I like all his movies--they're Americana!

I didn't say I didn't like Colin...just that he's making it hard for me to look good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Jason

K-T

*Moderator*
Thanks, guys, for the infos.

Hitchcock is in a class his own, without a doubt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif :thumbs: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

mouse

Newly Enlightened
Well sure, it's hard for us mere mortals to measure up to the good Mr Farrel, but I won't hold it against him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif
I've been a fan since Tigerland, but '03 is definately his year.
I wonder who Hitchcock would've cast?

Geheim

Newly Enlightened
Never really heard about Farrel unitl I rented Phonebooth. Not much talk about him around here.

As for Liberty Stands Still, never heard of it until a few seconds ago when I was browsing this thread.

Chad