Rayovac 4 watts 180 lumens 3C Flashlight

cdesigns

Newly Enlightened
I bought this flashlight on Sports Authority, they have ALL the flashlights in stock at 25% off, I only paid $23 for it.

• Sportsman Xtreme™ 4W LED 3C Flashlight
  • New and Ultra Bright 4W flashlight LED lasts for 50,000 hours
  • Yields an amazing 180 lumens on high and 75 lumens on low
  • Runtime: 22 hours on high and 60 hours on low
  • Anodized Aluminum
  • Rubber Comfort Grip
  • Water Resistant
  • Sleek Titanium Color
  • Powered by 3 C Batteries
I like how it feels on the hand with the ruberized grip, the light is pure white not bluish like the maglite led.

I would like to mod this flashlight with a different circuit board to get a 5 mode for more run time and have SOS. and maybe some 18650 batteries.

Some pics
flashlightproductse4w3c.jpg

Size Comparison, Rayovac vs Maglite 3D
91035848.jpg

95973447.jpg

24572742.jpg

fishx65

Enlightened
These are very solid Cree lights. Just used mine last night to find my cellphone which I dropped on the way in from bowhunting. Crazy burn time when loaded up with 3 C's. I run AA's in both of mine to save weight. These are my cabin torches and get used for about everything. There have been some good threads about this one.

cdesigns

Newly Enlightened
These are very solid Cree lights. Just used mine last night to find my cellphone which I dropped on the way in from bowhunting. Crazy burn time when loaded up with 3 C's. I run AA's in both of mine to save weight. These are my cabin torches and get used for about everything. There have been some good threads about this one.

Its yours the 150 lumens version or the 180 lumens version?

I saw a post about the Rayovac 4watt 150 lumens version but couldnt find any for this one.

Either way, I like it more than the Maglite 3D LED, looks more solid and better built also and for $23 it was a steal.

madmook

Newly Enlightened
I have the old "150" lumen version, which only has one mode. How are the two modes in this version accessed? And is the beam still very narrow or is there more spill now?

Thanks in advance for any answers, I did not know about this new version.

cdesigns

Newly Enlightened
I have the old "150" lumen version, which only has one mode. How are the two modes in this version accessed? And is the beam still very narrow or is there more spill now?

Thanks in advance for any answers, I did not know about this new version.

The beam is narrow but the maglite LED is narrower, the rayovac does haves a nice clean circle due to the magniflying glass in front of the LED, not like the maglite led.

I love this rayovac flashlight.

For the 2 modes you just push the button to go from OFF-LOW-HIGH. You have to hard press the button and hear the clicky sound before it changes modes, if you press the button just a little bit before the click sound the light it will turn off while pressing it but once you let it go it stays on the same mode you had it, it will only change modes when you hear the clicky sound, that's the only weird thing about it.

Last edited:

fishx65

Enlightened
I've got two of the older single mode models. I picked up the newer two mode about 6 months ago but it is no brighter and the modes are way to close together.