Inova Inforce White

nick-nack

Newly Enlightened
I remember seeing these a while back when they were first introduced, but the first few reviews and comments weren't all that positive.
I saw a youtube video of one recently and really love the Tan version of it. I did some quick searching here on CPF but there seems to be very little talk about it. From the little talk about it, it seems the newer 200lumen models have been improved on.

Anyone have one of the recent ones to comment on? I really do love the looks of it and wouldn't mind adding a polymer light to my collection, my G2 needs some company!

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one of the Inforce Color lights... the 120 lumen version... and I enjoyed it but did not end up keeping it.

I really thought that it was an excellent light and was especially pleased with the output, tint and flood of the colors. Functionally, it was excellent and I have been looking at the 200 lumen versions again.

I think that it is a very nice contender in the 2 x CR123 format.

Xak

Enlightened
I like the looks of the 6VX and 9VX. Love the desert tan as well. Wish I could find out if either can take RCR123, though.

nick-nack

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know where I can get a the sand version of it? Besides from the Inforce site?

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the InForce Color and if it was not for its standby drain would really like it.

I guess you just answered a question I had in mind whether my Inforce Color could have a problem...

I got a used one a few months ago, fed it with two brand new CR123A and just did some testing with it, a few minutes on high and the color LEDs on high, not more. A month ago, I took the light out on a night Cache and wondered where its brightness had gone, new cells brought it back.

So, if it really has standby drain, it is quite high and sucked two cells down in 8 or 9 months! I blamed it on the cells, but as they were some SF, it annoyed me.

The light is funny for a collection, the desert tan looks nice and I especially like the color on mine, the main LED has some serious throw though and my light is pretty bright for 120 Lumen. It lacks some spill of course, but it is designed for flood with the side emitters and throw with the main LED. I also like the fact that it is lubeless, not only that you needn't apply some, you musn't, the gasket would be damaged.

HKJ

Flashaholic
So, if it really has standby drain, it is quite high and sucked two cells down in 8 or 9 months! I blamed it on the cells, but as they were some SF, it annoyed me.

The light does not need 8 to 9 months to drain the batteries!
I have not measured it, the connection between the tail and the body is a bit tricky. But I have lost at least 4 CR123 in it.

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light does not need 8 to 9 mount to drain the batteries!
I have not measured it, the connection between the tail and the body is a bit tricky. But I have lost at least 4 CR123 in it.

:sick2:

It's good to know my light is OK though! Well, I'll leave the batteries in there now, but will surely not put new ones in when theses are empty.

I think the light does not accept 2 x RCR123, does it? That would be the solution, I don't want to take teh batteries out, because I have to put them somewhere together and remember that they are for the Inforce. That's not a problem if you own only 1 or 2 lights of course...

HKJ

Flashaholic
I think the light does not accept 2 x RCR123, does it? That would be the solution, I don't want to take teh batteries out, because I have to put them somewhere together and remember that they are for the Inforce. That's not a problem if you own only 1 or 2 lights of course...

RCR123 would be a very bad idea, even if the light can work with them, it would destroy them. The problem is it will slowly drain them down until the protection in the battery kicks in and this is usual at a very unhealty low voltage, especially if the battery has to stay at that voltage for months!

Get some 2xCR123 from 4sevens, then you know they must be used together (BatteryJunction does also have CR123 battery packs):

DSC_4508.jpg

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
RCR123 would be a very bad idea, even if the light can work with them, it would destroy them. The problem is it will slowly drain them down until the protection in the battery kicks in and this is usual at a very unhealty low voltage, especially if the battery has to stay at that voltage for months!

I didn't mean to let them in the light of course. If I know a light has such a high parasitic drain, I would leave the light empty, put fresh li-ion in when I want to use it and take them out again, top them up and put back in the drawer for another light, I cycle them around...

bkumanski

Enlightened
I was wondering the same too. I sent them an email asking about max voltage, so we'll see what they say. An alternative is the Tenergy 3v rcrs (not the lifepo4s) They have a voltage reducer inside with the PCB and immediately drop to 3-3.2v. I saw these at batteryjunction. The description states they can be used in 123 devices. They are only 900 mah, but that's higher than the Lifepo4s. Less than a real 1400mah 123 though.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I'm interested in buying both the 6vx and 9vx anyone want to share your experience with these lights or expand on your thoughts already posted above. How are your tints and what does your beams look like, can you compare it to other light's in it's size (output and throw)?

Ruudr

Newly Enlightened
It's a great light, but unfortunately it broke a few days ago. Send it back to Inova, and hopefully I get the light back next week!

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
I am tempted to get one of these lights because of the neat attach and detach ability. I also like Inova products and hope the inforce is actually made in the USA.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually sent an e-mail to them asking if the Inforce was made in the US and they responded with something like " all lights are assembled in the US and some parts are made their while some are gathered from abroad". This is not a direct quote because I didn't save the e-mail but that is almost exactly what they told me.

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
it might be like what they did with Inova. Parts made in China or wherever and assempled in the USA.