HDS Twisty no longer available

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hm, the Twisty was renewed with the V2, now it's discontinued... :thinking:

I think Henry said that it didn't sell well anymore, maybe, I only have two of them.

The Clicky still sells but there are rumours about a new light, soon or not so soon. Some think that light won't be the "new Clicky", but something completely new.

Shall we guess now or not? What will the new light really be? :devil:

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shall we guess now or not? What will the new light really be? :devil:
Based on rumors and speculation, the new light will have a traditional switch and some kind of potentiometer for changing the brightness (Henry apparently said something to the effect that it could be programmed to operate just like the current Clicky, but he doesn't think anybody will want to). I almost wonder if Henry is devising a way to operate the light as a clicky or twisty thereby obsoleting his current run of lights.

I'm definitely going to want one. The only question is whether or not I'll be able to afford one.

emac

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I remember hearing Henry mention something along the lines of the Twisty not selling near as well to be profitable.

And you guys are terrible for my addiction. I just picked up an EDC executive High CRI because you directed me to his site. So now I have two Twistys (one in pocket and one at the house) and a Clicky on the way.

It is a shame they aren't more popular because those Twistys feel like a tank in your hand.

Belstaff1464

Enlightened
For those wanting tp purchase a Twisty, last time I checked Unique Titanium had them in stock including the high CRI model. :poke:

tucolino

Newly Enlightened
For those wanting tp purchase a Twisty, last time I checked Unique Titanium had them in stock including the high CRI model. :poke:

yep,but they come with the 19670 tube,not the cr123 one.that´s too long,at least for me.
pity,it´s an authentic boom proof light.lucky for me got one this last summer.

bansuri

Enlightened
Well this news has me scrambling for used Twisty's!
I'd always thought there'd be new versions of this coming out as it sort of an Ra classic light. Wrong again.
Chubby little over-engineered feels like it's made out of construction grade tubing light has more personality than a million DX lights.
Couldn't find any stock at Unique Titanium or any other dealers in the US.
Anyone got a tip where to find a High CRI V2 19670/18650 tube?

mikeymoto

Newly Enlightened
I don't know what's coming next but I know I really dig my Twistys. My wife likes the one with red low, I like the high CRI with 18650. Rock on HDS/Ra Lights! :party:

bansuri

Enlightened
Does anyone know of another twist action light that has Li_Ion battery protection besides the Twisty and the Liteflux LF3?

jellydonut

Enlightened
What? That's a clicky light. I guess you could keep the switch in constant closed and use the bezel as a twisty, but that would be kinda counterintuitive. Not to mention the bezel is unknurled and can get kinda slippery.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can understand the clicky out selling the twisty. snce one handed operation is often prefered.

I just got my "extended tube " HDS HI CRI twisty with the $30 upgraded sapphire lens:broke: I am glad I made the "major flashlight $$$" move!
This light is so precise in it's construction and the beam & color are as claimed! excellent!!!

I hope Henry keeps making a twisty version. The HDS is now my belt EDC.
Even though it's more than twice as long, it replaced my Quark mini CR123 titanium as my belt EDC light. I use a Fenix 2AA (L2D etc) holster and it seems to work great. I use a Fenix P1D CE 123 holster for the Quark, an ideal fit.

The HDS twisty I just bought is truly a superb piece of machining and workmanship. I could see HDS RA charging more for a twisty due to less demand.

I really hope a twisty version remains available.

Belstaff1464

Enlightened
What? That's a clicky light. I guess you could keep the switch in constant closed and use the bezel as a twisty, but that would be kinda counterintuitive. Not to mention the bezel is unknurled and can get kinda slippery.

Sorry....I was actually thinking of the Malkoff Valiant Twisties. It's compatible with RCR123 but I don't know if it provides protection. Best to ask in the Malkoff threads.

Last edited: