A Better Tigerlight for Self-Defense?

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
If someone has posted this idea before, then I'll just delete this thread. If no one has, then someone (Mike Tieg!) please take this idea and make something!! Well okay, it's not really an idea to be proud of, as it is pretty obvious. Someone needs take the Tigerlight and make it into a 2 cell lithium. The reasons are plain and simple. The TL revolutionized the flashlight world with a light that could both blind and be used to actually defend yourself with. But the light is just too big for non-LEOs, who wish for a pocketable light with the same features.

Thus, the light should be about the size of a C3 (smaller if possible), running 2x123s and giving about 60 lumens for an hour (the commonly owned archetypical "tactical light", G2, Scorpion, etc...) The switching mechanism would be the same as the TL, because a tailcap wouldn't work due to the pepper spray. The canister obviously would have to be smaller than the 2oz or 3oz LEO ones. Fox Labs makes an 11gr. version that would be perfect for this kind of application.

fox11.jpg

Additionally, it would be perfect if the "body" part that holds the OC canister could be screwed off, allowing you to replace it with a LOTC or clickie, in times when you don't wish to use the pepper spray (The current TL should have this feature!!). If I think of anything else, I'll add it...but this is just me quickly jotting down what I would want in a light like this.

Anyone with me here?

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with you as far as being able to remove the part of the body that contains the OC cannister. It would be nice to have smaller light when you don't need the OC.

But there's no way you're gonna make a TigerLight that runs on 2 123's. The TL is famous for it's "throw" and brightness, and you need a sizeable reflector to get it. You also need more mAH's than you can get from 2 small lithium cells. To get the same output with 123's this light would become prohibitively costly to run. The TL is far from perfect, but it does currently fill a niche that no other product does.

Peter

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
No, no I definitely did not mean I wanted the Tigerlight beam and brightness with 2x123s. I mean Tigerlight should make a 2x123 with an output and beam like a G2, + pepper spray capability. Call it like the Mini-Tigerlight or something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But now that I found the thread...anyone know of any update to the release, or if it's going to be released?

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
hawkhkg11 said:
Someone needs take the Tigerlight and make it into a 2 cell lithium.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant. Apparently you meant a smaller light with the OC capability like the current TL, and not the same "luminary" (is that a word?) performance. Oddly, I don't see any mention of OC capability in the "new" light?

Peter