Maxtorch        

Thread: Problems with Thrunite and "aw" battery.

Enlightened

Shrug Problems with Thrunite and "aw" battery.

Well i just bought some 750ma "AW" 3.7 rcr123a for the purpose of powering my thrunite 1.5amp xp-g dropin. my host is a solarforce l2p.
    any way with 2 fresh cells after about 2 min of constant on the light shuts off. i have the single mode 1.5amp drop in rated 2.7-9 volts so i thought this would be the best combination of components. by the way the light and host work fine with a single 18650 or 2 primarys. If anybody has answers why i maybe having issues i know this is the place to ask. Thanx all CPF'ers. U rock!

Default Re: Problems with Thrunite and "aw" battery.

Do you have a single cell light you can test the batteries in? Sounds like one of the AW batteries are bad.
    I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. - John 12:46

Enlightened

I do but it is at home and i won;t be able to test untill tonite, but i will.
    Thanx.

Was the battery fresh out of the packet or was it charged before? The batteries are around 3.9V-4.0V when shipped, if stored for a while they may be 3.8V.

Enlightened

I charged them as soon as i recieved them from the supplier, I did not use them except to whitewall hunt for a few seconds here and there. Then last night i heard a noise "What the hell is that? Is that an armadillo?" and so the good ol' trusty xpg was brought to light, no pun... with nice new fresh aw's, I lost sight of my new armadillo friend when she went out. By the way if you don't know, armadillos will tear up ur yard just to get your attention. I think anyway.

If I understand correctly:

1 x 18650 works fine
    2 x cr123a primaries work fine
    2 x rcr123a do not work in the light

If this is true, the host's diameter is setup for an 18650. I wonder if the rcr123a batteries are moving around too much in the battery tube and not making good contact. I suspect they are a slightly different size than the primaries.

Enlightened

Well i tried my single cell and both "AW's", i left them on for 15 min each and both worked fine. is there any chance that there is an overheat sensor on the thrunite drop in?