Problems with Thrunite and "aw" battery.

DREW297

Newly Enlightened
Well i just bought some 750ma "AW" 3.7 rcr123a for the purpose of powering my thrunite 1.5amp xp-g dropin. my host is a solarforce l2p.
any way with 2 fresh cells after about 2 min of constant on the light shuts off. i have the single mode 1.5amp drop in rated 2.7-9 volts so i thought this would be the best combination of components. by the way the light and host work fine with a single 18650 or 2 primarys. If anybody has answers why i maybe having issues i know this is the place to ask. Thanx all CPF'ers. U rock!
shrug.gif

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have a single cell light you can test the batteries in? Sounds like one of the AW batteries are bad.

Roger999

Enlightened
Was the battery fresh out of the packet or was it charged before? The batteries are around 3.9V-4.0V when shipped, if stored for a while they may be 3.8V.

DREW297

Newly Enlightened
I charged them as soon as i recieved them from the supplier, I did not use them except to whitewall hunt for a few seconds here and there. Then last night i heard a noise "What the hell is that? Is that an armadillo?" and so the good ol' trusty xpg was brought to light, no pun... with nice new fresh aw's, I lost sight of my new armadillo friend when she went out. By the way if you don't know, armadillos will tear up ur yard just to get your attention. I think anyway. :laughing:

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I understand correctly:

1 x 18650 works fine
2 x cr123a primaries work fine
2 x rcr123a do not work in the light

If this is true, the host's diameter is setup for an 18650. I wonder if the rcr123a batteries are moving around too much in the battery tube and not making good contact. I suspect they are a slightly different size than the primaries.

DREW297

Newly Enlightened
Well i tried my single cell and both "AW's", i left them on for 15 min each and both worked fine. is there any chance that there is an overheat sensor on the thrunite drop in?