** FIXED ** SureFire E1E-HA Inop

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Here's one for you...I have 3 SureFire E1E-HAs. Let's call them #1, #2, & #3.

#1 & #3 work fine. #2 does not work. I can switch the head & tailcap from #2 to #1 & #3 and they work. I can switch the heads & tailcaps from #1 & #3 to #2 and they do not work.

Ok...looking like something is wrong with the body of #2. I clean the threads with alcohol = no help!

I find the clip a little high, and think it's preventing the head screwing down all the way, thus not making good contact for the ground. I take a a little piece of wood and proceed to tap it with a rubber mallet to make the clip even, thus allowing the head to thread on all as much as it can = no help!

Took a super fine file and made sure the top of the battery tube didn't have any oxidation on it, thus preventing good contact = no help!

This can't be rocket science, eh? Anyone have a clue? Please? Yeah - I can send it to SureFire

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SureFire E1E-HA Inop - Help?

Gremlins? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SureFire E1E-HA Inop - Help?

try swapping the lamp assemblies too? perhaps the particular lamp in #2 has a flange which is too thin, preventing the head from pushing it far enough to touch the lip of the body of #2. it could also be that the tolerances on #2 is off by a bit, and the threaded portion near the clip is too short, preventing contact from being made between the lip and the LA even when the head is screwed down all the way.

did you get all three E1e's at the same time? #2 might be an older revision /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
** FIXED ** SureFire E1E-HA Inop

[ QUOTE ]
chamenos said:
...it could also be that the tolerances on #2 is off by a bit, and the threaded portion near the clip is too short, preventing contact from being made between the lip and the LA even when the head is screwed down all the way.

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------
Yep, the LA works on the other bodies. I'm thinking what you've said here in the quote. I'm going to find a washer to put on the "topside" of the LA to see if that does it...back to the lab!

Just back from the lab...my that was fun! I got out all my E series torches an started the "find the pea under the shell game"! Had a "marriage problem" with the LOTC! Found one that worked on the malfunctioning torch, and the "suspect bad one" worked on the E2E that I cannibalized from!

Everyone's happy, all the little torches are smiling again! I was a bit stressed looking at a battery tube that had worked before...I know when it happened too! Got a new Z57, did some swapping - caused the problem and didn't know it until tonight! Goodnight!

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ** FIXED ** SureFire E1E-HA Inop

glad to know its fixed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif any idea what caused the LOTC to be selectively operational?