Surefire 6P+Thrunite P60 XP-G R5 vs. New Surefire 6PX?

BaileyMoto

Newly Enlightened
Can any of you give info on these 2 setups in comparison, in regrards to throw, spill, and/or total lumens?

The 6PX is advertised at 200 lumens (and likely pretty close) with an option of a single mode or dual mode.

A 6P with the Thrunite drop in is advertised at 300 lumes (with I think around 260 measured?) and with the option of single or triple modes.

The drop in setup would cost a little bit more, but either route will be under $100.

Any thoughts?

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the G2X Pro (which is essentially the same light as the 6PX Pro but with a Nitrolon body and tail cap) as well as a bored 6P with the three-mode ThruNite XP-G drop-in. The XP-E in the G2X, combined with the larger orange peel reflector, gives a tighter hotspot than the larger emitter and shallower reflector of the ThruNite. The ThruNite puts out a lot more light, though. The hotspot of the G2X is half the diameter of the ThruNite. As far as throw, they're both about the same as the ThruNite puts out a ton of light and some of it has to come back to you. I recall BC measuring my setup at about 325 lumens on high about four or five months ago. He's since sold off the sphere so I cannot measure my G2X.

BaileyMoto

Newly Enlightened
I have the G2X Pro (which is essentially the same light as the 6PX Pro but with a Nitrolon body and tail cap) as well as a bored 6P with the three-mode ThruNite XP-G drop-in. The XP-E in the G2X, combined with the larger orange peel reflector, gives a tighter hotspot than the larger emitter and shallower reflector of the ThruNite. The ThruNite puts out a lot more light, though. The hotspot of the G2X is half the diameter of the ThruNite. As far as throw, they're both about the same as the ThruNite puts out a ton of light and some of it has to come back to you. I recall BC measuring my setup at about 325 lumens on high about four or five months ago. He's since sold off the sphere so I cannot measure my G2X.

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.