2 weeks 2 lights 2 blades 1 bow

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spent the past two weeks up at the cabin in northern Michigan. Took my energizer headlamp and my new Preon II. The Preon total impressed me. The headlamp was used for hunting the Preon for everything else. The build quality is excellant, the output amazing. The PReon was used a lot for outhouse trips and getting wood. Low was used most with the other two settings used less seldom. High was used twice when a skunk was smelled and I wanted to find it before getting too close.

I can see the Preon cutting into my favored Streamlight Stylus Pros use.

Pardon the crappy cell phone pics, forgot the camera.

SS851452.jpg

The Ausable.

SS851422.jpg

Graveyard in the woods.

SS851426.jpg

SS851428.jpg

SS851425.jpg

bow.jpg

camillusbrothers.jpg

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
OP, you need to contribute more to this thread to keep it alive. This is the General Flashlight Discussion Forum, and much of the emphasis of your post is not about flashlights.

Bill

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Close it then if you need to, not sure what else you want me to say. I talked about the flashlights, matter of fact that was all I did basically talk about, sheesh

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Most of the content is scenery pictures, and pictures of your gear. Where do you want this thread to go? Are you inviting comments from others re their outdoor trips, and their gear? While a flashlight discussion forum, there can be some off topic discussion about gear as long as emphasis is on flashlights, or other lighting. Not trying to rile you up here, so please be polite.

Bill

Xacto

Enlightened
To talk a bit about flashlights - you went out with basically "just" a small light like the Preon II. No big thrower, no flodder? Or did you and your comrades have other lights, maybe not exactly flashlights, at hand to e.g. light up the grounds around your cabin?

Just curious, because I (as a child of the city) would never go out in the woods without at least half an armada of lights. ;-)

Cheers
Thorsten