Malkoff "Warm Wildcat" should arrive today!

donn_

Flashaholic
According to the USPS website, it hit my PO this morning, just before 8AM, so it should be in today's delivery.

3x 4000K XP-G emitters.

I'm psyched! :devil:

donn_

Flashaholic
It's sooooo nice! Warm, but not too warm, and I may be wrong on the 4000K mark. It looks more like 5000K to my eye, and it's got terrific output. The low is much lower than the Hound Dog's low, and far more useful as a low. The high is a scorcher.

:thanks: Gene!

qqqqqqqman

Newly Enlightened
But...but...$220 + body :huh:. Or can they be had cheaper?

Any beamshots coming in the future? :sssh:

donn_

Flashaholic
Yup..$220 + shipping. I'm using the MD3 body I use for the Hound Dog.

When the Pelican case gets here, I'll set it up to hold both heads and the MD3 body, as well as two different MD2 heads, with different drop-ins, and a clipped MD2 body.

I may set up some beamshots..after baseball season.

flashfiend

Enlightened
It's sooooo nice! Warm, but not too warm, and I may be wrong on the 4000K mark. It looks more like 5000K to my eye, and it's got terrific output. The low is much lower than the Hound Dog's low, and far more useful as a low. The high is a scorcher.

Isn't your VanIsleDSM Quad XP-G loaded with 4000K LEDs? Wouldn't those offer a good comparison? If you compare them with a cooler light, you should notice if the 4000k is warmer. Congrats on your new tool(toy).

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
:party: I just received my wildcat last week ( I love it by the way...awesome) but i did not realize that there was a warm version...:hitit:

weklund

Enlightened

Hey donn
I received my Warm WC V2 today and I am thinking 4500K or so. I really like this light. Perfect tint to my eye. Gene told me this morning that he guesstimates 700 lumens out the front door. I am completely satisfied for the moment ..... :devil:

MWV2W.jpg

MWCWT1.jpg

Shot this at: 8' White Ceiling 1/60 Sec. F4.5 Auto White Balance ISO Approx 100

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey donn
I received my WWC V2 today and I am thinking 4500K or so. I really like this light. Perfect tint to my eye. Gene told me this morning that he guesstimates 700 lumens out the front door. I am completely satisfied for the moment ..... :devil:

I really love my M61W placed in Surefire 9P, and can just imagine how great a warm Wildcat has to be! Because of my experience of as well M61 in an MD2 and M61W in the Surefire I just say it's no way back to the cool white. The new warm Malkoffs: :twothumbs

jellydonut

Enlightened
How did you score that?!?
Subscribe to Gene's newsletter, it's an option on your user account at malkoffdevices.com. (which, surely you have, right?) The gift that keeps on giving, your shelves, pockets, backpacks, holsters and loadout bags will be filled and your bank account will be emptied. As things should be. :devil:

Okay, less lyrically these were not put up in the storefront. They were snuck in under the table in the newsletter and interested parties instructed to shoot an email or a phone call to order them. I don't know why exactly, maybe Gene was afraid demand wouldn't be high enough for a regular run?