Lux Meter

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
I know this has been brought up before, but times change and so do products and prices.

What is the best deal on a reasonably priced Lux meter for testing? Where might I find one [I don't think our sponsors carry this equipment, so it should be alright to post a one time link].

TIA

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
How about the Digital Lux Meter LM-1? I do not own one but price is reasonable and features look similar to LM631.

Bill

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Darn you keithhr /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just ordered one.

Larry

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Here's a pic

METERMAN LM-631

Keithr, here's the LM-1 which I had before the LM-631 and gave away because it seemed inconsistant, though it's possible that my inexperience was the problem. IMO the lack of a back lighting option is a strong negative.

DIGITAL LUX METER LM-1

Brightnorm

ZENGHOST

Enlightened
I got the one from keithhr's link and I like mine--the cool thing is that is comes with a free Digital Multi-Meter as well. Comes in handy for checking batts.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
OCD, you are lucky man
the DMM that you will be getting is one of the best dmm i have used to date. It got a lot of functions too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Take a look at this for $60.00. They also have pc interfaced lightmeters for less than $300.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Roy,

Great link! Thanks! I currently have the 401025 model but under a different name. I have been happy with its performance and it will go to 50K lux; an issue brought up by others.

- Don

kj

Enlightened
Does someone have any experience with the datalogging light meter, Extech 401036, which Roy mentioned?

Also, that would be helpful if someone can tell me good online stores that sell this model. Thank you.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Do a search on Google for the model that you're looking for...should come up with several on-line shops!

If you want to interface with a computer for livetime plotting and data collection, your device of choice needs a RS-232 Serial port. In my case the multimeter has the RS-232 serial port and the light adaptor pluggs into the multimeter.

kj

Enlightened
Thank you, Roy. I actually did the google and froogle search and found a several U.S. based shops. Since there is no Japan based shop unfortunately, I wanted to know if someone had a good or bad experience with these shops.

Maybe I just need to take a risk and try shopping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Snewt1

Newly Enlightened
Hey, just got a LM631, it has an output jack on the bottom. The book just says auxilliary output (2.5mm) jack. And that it is active when the meter is on. Anybody know what to do to transfer this data to a computer??

Snewt1

Newly Enlightened
So what you are saying is I should take a 2.5mm plug, stick it in and clamp the meter leads to the wires from it??