Flashligths philips, durcell and rayovac, good choice?

Franz

Newly Enlightened
Its my first post in this forum and I'm from brazil, so sorry for my poor english:D

Philips ligthlife SFL5540

Rayovac Roughneck RNT-3AAA-B

Duracell daylite

I want opinions about those flashligths

Thanks for help
:grin2:

Tiresius

Enlightened
All garbage flashlights. I had every one of those lights and their build quality is trash. Thread machining is poorly done and have poor battery life. All their internals are made of ABS plastic.

All of them either failed my torture test or broke down over wear--primarily soaking it in water for 20min and it died. Go with something a little more reputable like Fenix if you want a good build quality at low cost. I've heard Romisen lights are somewhat decent for the price.

But if you can get access to internet stores, go for something more reputable and won't fail when you dropped them in a puddle.

Franz

Newly Enlightened
All garbage flashlights. I had every one of those lights and their build quality is trash. Thread machining is poorly done and have poor battery life. All their internals are made of ABS plastic.

All of them either failed my torture test or broke down over wear--primarily soaking it in water for 20min and it died. Go with something a little more reputable like Fenix if you want a good build quality at low cost. I've heard Romisen lights are somewhat decent for the price.

But if you can get access to internet stores, go for something more reputable and won't fail when you dropped them in a puddle.

thnaks.

In my country it's so hard to find any good product, and all of then are extremely expensive....

those flashligths in ligth power and beam pattern, are good?

can you sugget models in low prices?

Franz

Newly Enlightened
This flashlight is easy to find here in the shops in Brazil, but I do not know if their led is of good quality.....

It is very bright, and beam pattern are good, its a good choice?

I would like a flashlight very bright and good beam pattern with flood to throw, need not be water proof or robust:)

thx:wave:

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know about the other two, but I've heard pretty good things about the duracell daylites.

Dealextreme.com is also probably a good place for you to look, you just have to be careful because they have some good stuff but a lot of crap too. However, they have good prices and free worldwide shipping.

What kind of batteries do you want to use? Are you more interesting in throw(seeing things far away) or flood(lighting up a big area near by)

Some brands on DX that are good:
Romisen, Tank, Hugsby, Skyray
I've also sometimes heard good things about:
trustfire,smallsun, aurora

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks like a cheap generic flood/throw light... Buy something from 4Sevens or one of the good brands on dealextreme.

Ezeriel

Enlightened
the charge for 3AAA lights isn't going to last very long

2 c-size batteries will last much longer

the 2C Duracell daylight is a nice light if you can afford it, but it isn't much better than a 2AA led maglite

rayovac sportsman extreme lights are decent in the 3C and 2AA sizes, maybe you can find one of them

http://www.google.com/products?hl=e...c sportsman extreme&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wf

If you are having a real hard time finding a light available in your area, look for something with at least 80-100 lumens that uses 2AA or 2C batteries

don't use AAA lights

Franz

Newly Enlightened
I don't know about the other two, but I've heard pretty good things about the duracell daylites.

Dealextreme.com is also probably a good place for you to look, you just have to be careful because they have some good stuff but a lot of crap too. However, they have good prices and free worldwide shipping.

What kind of batteries do you want to use? Are you more interesting in throw(seeing things far away) or flood(lighting up a big area near by)

Some brands on DX that are good:
Romisen, Tank, Hugsby, Skyray
I've also sometimes heard good things about:
trustfire,smallsun, aurora

I want use AA and AAA cells, im prefer AA....

I'm talk to my friend to import some light, I'll check those brands, thx:)

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may also want to check out "itc_shop" on ebay. He sells solarforce hosts and drop-ins at good prices with free international shipping.

You could get a Solarforce L2R(which is a 2xAA light) and then get the .8-4.2v R2 3 mode drop-in to go with it.

On dealextreme, check out sku. 3184 or sku. 9070 to start with, maybe also sku.18626

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want use AA and AAA cells, im prefer AA....

I'm talk to my friend to import some light, I'll check those brands, thx:)

4Sevens ships free all around the world. Unless there's an import tax, there's really no reason to have someone import it.

Franz

Newly Enlightened
the charge for 3AAA lights isn't going to last very long

2 c-size batteries will last much longer

the 2C Duracell daylight is a nice light if you can afford it, but it isn't much better than a 2AA led maglite

rayovac sportsman extreme lights are decent in the 3C and 2AA sizes, maybe you can find one of them

http://www.google.com/products?hl=e...c sportsman extreme&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wf

If you are having a real hard time finding a light available in your area, look for something with at least 80-100 lumens that uses 2AA or 2C batteries

don't use AAA lights

Amazon dont shiping to brazil?

So, I'm looking in all sites of sports shop's and I find nothing, nothing in price decent....

maglite solitarie its over R$200, and one inova or fenix (Im dont remeber now) over R$700:eek:

thanks everyone, I'll see the 4sevens and talk to my frien if he can by in this store:)

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait, 700 reales for a fenix? That can't be right... something like the LD20 should be around 100 reales. (~60usd)

jax

Newly Enlightened
i have 2 duracell daylight lights,one is 2aa,the other is 3aaa.
they are both 80 lumen,3 watt led's
they are decent for general,close range lights (0 to 40 feet) dont expect alot of throw,or a huge amount of light..but usefull around the house or yard..
also i noticed mine have a bluish tint,and duracell claims the light was designed to be close to true sunlight (5000kelvin),so why the tint is blue,who knows..

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds like your light is using a terrible LED... most LEDs these days are like 130 lumens at one watt. At neutral tint.

Franz

Newly Enlightened

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
WHAT? How much is it to buy a light from 4sevens.com? Like a quark AA^2?

Also, if you buy a light under $25 there are no import taxes, right?

Tiresius

Enlightened
This flashlight is easy to find here in the shops in Brazil, but I do not know if their led is of good quality.....

It is very bright, and beam pattern are good, its a good choice?

I would like a flashlight very bright and good beam pattern with flood to throw, need not be water proof or robust:)

thx:wave:

Well, if you're looking for a light like that...the Daylite will fit your need. The beam pattern is quite nice (not perfect)--as almost all P4 emitters does anyways. You can adjust the optical lens to flood or throw. The optic arms are somewhat annoying because they show up on the spill. They're only noticeable if you get it within 1 meter from the wall.

Like I said, I didn't like the light after I dropped it a bit and then submerged it into water. Oh yes, you have roughly 1.5-2hr on 3xAAA before the light start dimming. I was told that the 3xAAA was the only one that wasn't regulated.

The other two have very bad beam pattern. They're focused very badly and the hot spot has lots of imperfections on it.

jax

Newly Enlightened
It sounds like your light is using a terrible LED... most LEDs these days are like 130 lumens at one watt. At neutral tint.
your right..i wonder what daylight model the OP is looking at?
i got mine from walmart here in canada for $24,on the box it say's 80lumen/3 watt....this was 2 years ago,but walmart still sells this same model today..
maybe if all the OP can get his hands on is the 3 choices he listed,for whatever reason in his country,then he should go for the rayovac he was talking about...its gotta be better than the duracell,if its the same one i have.
rayovac roughneck..cree xr-e 2 mode,200 lumens/70 lumens.
duracell daylight 3watt.. 80 lumens,one mode
...i would give the OP a bunch of flashlights if he was here beside me..

Franz

Newly Enlightened
WHAT? How much is it to buy a light from 4sevens.com? Like a quark AA^2?

Also, if you buy a light under $25 there are no import taxes, right?

I think is under U$50 no have taxes, and over U$50 too (if you are lucky man and police not check your package:laughing:)