Anyone else had a contaminated LED?

LEDburn

Enlightened
Hi guys, I recently purchased a Preon II neutral and it arrived today, so far I've been quite impressed with the build quality and threads, however I was just inspecting the centering of the LED and noticed that there seems to be something on the plastic dome on top of the die - it seems to be cloudy white in colour and only around the base (doesn't go so far up as to dramatically effect the beam) of the dome in two spots.

Could this be simply the bonding agent used, has anyone else seen this before?
I know there is definitely something there as I can run my other torch around the edge of the Preon's head and it casts shadows onto the centre when it passes the two spots I'm talking about.

I'm not really keen on sending it back to 4sevens as I'm from Australia and the cost and wait will be an annoyance. I understand this could be Cree's QC messup but it still doesn't gel with the fact that the other item I got from 4sevens is also somewhat defective (WW AA2 Turbo's threads don't work with single AA body - they're different yet nothing was made clear about this on either the WW Quark or accessory pages - only that ALL Quark products are modular and interchangeable).

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if I choose not to send it back, what effects running the light on high could have and if that could actually be the cause of this? (perhaps the dome material had a dodgy batch??)

EDIT: forgot to mention, I don't have access to a camera that would be able to get clear images of the details I'm talking about, I'm hoping someone else has experienced this and knows what I'm talking about.

LEDburn

Enlightened
I sent 4sevens an email as well. Should I be correct in assuming I wouldn't be the only one effected if this was those dreaded weevils?

Upon further inspection with a magnifying glass I can see fine black dots on the milky stuff and what appears to be a hair or fibre as well, pretty sure someone didn't have the straightest hand the day they did my LED.

palimpsest

Newly Enlightened
there seems to be something on the plastic dome on top of the die - it seems to be cloudy white in colour and only around the base (doesn't go so far up as to dramatically effect the beam) of the dome in two spots.

Could this be simply the bonding agent used, has anyone else seen this before?
Does it look like to something like this ?

(Click to enlarge)