Oveready Z41 Zero Resistance Mod

nihilon

Newly Enlightened
(Well, I hope this is the right place for this)
I apologize for putting this in the wrong place, could anyone give me an idea as to where this should have gone?

I have a stock Z41 that is beginning to give me some trouble on my Z2 and so I was starting to look at my options for replacement/repair. I came across this mod on Oveready:

http://www.oveready.com/surefire-upgrades/oveready-zero-resistance-z41-upgrade/prod_150.html

I have two questions:
1)Why does Oveready warn of possibly crushing the cells? Thanks for the answer jellydonut
2)Would the decrease in resistance pose a voltage problem for a P61 lamp while running it on primaries?

Last edited:

jellydonut

Enlightened
Well, I hope this is the right place for this:
I'll save you the trouble; it ain't. :nana: No biggie, I'm sure a moderator will be around to kick it to where it is supposed to be.

1)Why does Oveready warn of possibly crushing the cells?
Because there is no spring to cushion at the tail cap any more. When you tighten this switch further down you could compress them too much.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
The decrease in resistance would make the light brighter, given that the increased current doesn't make the p61 go :poof: although I really doubt it will.

And as the jellydonut said, since there's no spring mechanism you have a chance of crushing the cell if tighten down too much.