Used my Megalennium/1909 at work last night

curtispdx

Enlightened
A lady called 9-1-1 saying she heard an loud argument in a house nearby and one of them mentioned a gun.

We get to the house described and just as we approached it the front door swung open.

I lit up the first guy out the door and he COMPLETELY froze.

A voice from the doorway (his dad) tells the guy that I've got lit up "DO EXACTLY WHAT HE (ME) SAYS!"

I'm not sure that I would have got the same reaction had I lit him up with a Stinger...

I think I lose a little of the "Shock and Awe" value of that light with the soft start switch but I need to keep that bulb for as long as I can.

Last edited:

flashfiend

Enlightened
Awesome story!

I have to wonder though if you would be better served by a forward clicky switch instead of the soft-start? The FM1909 bulbs are pretty hearty and instant blasts of light would seem to serve you well in your line of work. Also, if this is your only FM1909 bulb consider getting the Hikari JC5607 bulb as a cheaper and easier to find alternative. With high quality protected 18650s they should work perfectly fine in a Megalennium.

Thanks for sharing.

curtispdx

Enlightened
Awesome story!

I have to wonder though if you would be better served by a forward clicky switch instead of the soft-start? The FM1909 bulbs are pretty hearty and instant blasts of light would seem to serve you well in your line of work. Also, if this is your only FM1909 bulb consider getting the Hikari JC5607 bulb as a cheaper and easier to find alternative. With high quality protected 18650s they should work perfectly fine in a Megalennium.

Thanks for sharing.

I have some and I'll give them a try. Thanks for the suggestion!

flashfiend

Enlightened
I have some and I'll give them a try. Thanks for the suggestion!

Just be mindful of voltages. I believe hoongern is experimenting with them right now and he poofed the JC5607 with 3x26500s fresh off the charger. I am recommending the protected batts because they have higher internal resistance and seem to sag in voltage more easily.

Good luck.

hoongern

Enlightened
Just be mindful of voltages. I believe hoongern is experimenting with them right now and he poofed the JC5607 with 3x26500s fresh off the charger. I am recommending the protected batts because they have higher internal resistance and seem to sag in voltage more easily.

Good luck.

They weren't "completely" fresh off the charger, I did a 60sec/1Amp discharge on them all first, and it was also a C/5 (fast) charge.

But I'd think 18650s should fare fine :)

Great story btw! My friend 'accidentally' blasted himself with my Mag09, and his reaction gives me an idea of how your "victim" must have felt!