Rechargeables in a Surefire helmet light?

cynical

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone tried using a rechargeable battery in their Surefire helmet light? I'm using 4.2-3.6v rechargeables in all of my other lights, and would love to do the same in the helmet light without burning it out. I asked Surefire, and got back their standard canned response about using only premium disposables, which from them means Surefire, Panasonic, Duracell, or Energizer. They would not tell me what the voltage limits on the helmet light were.

I suppose I could get some 3.0v rechargeables, but I'd rather use what I already have.

Anyone have any experience with this combination?

Matt7337

Enlightened
I'm giving this a free bump for you and to ask a question. Are the batteries this takes CR123 size? There's got to to be some way to find out if the driver circuit and emitter in your helmet light can take more than 3v.

Old18c

Newly Enlightened
Never tried the rechargeable in the helmet light but just got a new one from Surefire after I destroyed the other by being stupid. I will be waiting for the answer myself

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Considering what I paid for the SF helmet light, I wouldn't risk it.

The Remix Pro might be a better option for using rechargeables and a headlamp. You won't cry as much if it goes *poof*.

-Trevor

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another interested party here.

I've got both LiFe and IMR cells that I'd love to use in mine, buuuuut...