Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Surefire E2D

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Surefire LX2

Votes: 16 26.7%

• Total voters

LDB

Newly Enlightened
I'm trying to choose a new light. I was leaning toward the 4Sevens R2 Tactical with the XP-E emitter using 2 CR batteries for $58.65 now. I just got an email with a 15% discount from LAPG. My current EDC is the Surefire L1. I'm looking for more light for a greater distance than my L1 gives me. If my TID currently on the L1 would fit the new light that would be a bonus. Thanks for the input.

My suspect list is:

4Sevens R2 Tactical 123^2
Surefire G2D/G3D
Surefire E1B
Surefire LX2
Surefire E2D

jellydonut

Enlightened
You want more throw.. Scratch the others, look at the E2D and LX2.:devil:

These have the same emitter and TIR optic, so if you're still with me and not cursing me for ruling out the others you primarily need to decide which UI you want. :sssh:

LX2 - two-stage momentary/twisty. depress partially for low level, depress fully for high level momentary light. twist partially for constant on low, twist fully for constant on high
E2D - two-mode forward clicky. click once for high, click on and off again for low. you also have the momentary feature since it's a forward clicky, but AFAIK momentary use will change modes.

This is pure taste - I know I would much rather have the LX2 UI, others hate it and want a clicky.

The LX2 also has a two-way clip for both bezel up and bezel down carry, whereas the E2D only has a bezel-up clip. Again, personal tastes abound. Personally I hate bezel up carry and would not EDC a light with that clip, all my A2s are loose in my pocket thanks to the useless clip (the only thing I don't like about the A2). If you for some bizarre reason like bezel up carry this difference doesn't matter, I guess. :)

LDB

Newly Enlightened
I was leaning a little toward the GxD light to have the low and medium outputs similar to what I have now and the high setting for the once in a great while when I need more light.

njet212

Enlightened
Not sure if your E2D on your poll is referring to E2D (Incan).

But if you referring to E2DL, my vote is E2DL. I have E2DL and LX2, and i much prefer E2DL UI over LX2 UI. I found LX2 UI is tricky on my usage, because i have to twist the tail cap to get constant on. The only thing i hate on E2DL is it is only offer bezel up carry, but if you want bezel down carry you could use LX2 clip on E2DL.

BigDawg147

Newly Enlightened
I waited until REI had another 20% off sale and bought the LX2. Has everything I wanted in a light this size. I may buy one of the new 6PX new line of lights.

LDB

Newly Enlightened
Well, I wound up ordering the G2X from LAPG with a 15% off promo plus free shipping so for $73 I've got the light and a dozen batteries ordered. I hope the wait isn't too long.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
If you're looking for throw, go with the E1B. Just realize that sidespill will be practically non-existent.

Latest posts