Sunwayman M20A?

Flashlight World

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone here own the Sunwayman M20A light? I'm interested to know how well it is regulated and if the projected run-time of 2.5 hours on high is accurate. I would also like to know how well it throws. Any information, about this light in general, would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:

njet212

Enlightened
I don't have M20A but i have M10A R2, since i don't have proper equipment to test the runtime, i will just give the general opinion.

I believe it use same circuit and same head, the only different between this two light is battery configuration and length. Basically both runs on same voltage ( 2XAA=3volt | 1xCR123=3volt).

It have very low mode if you really care about that. It's relatively well built flashlight, the selector ring also has good feeling and "click". The M10R tail cap is fully round, the switch it recessed and sometimes i feel bit tricking to activate the light. But tail cap design on M20A is different than M10R, it has kind of open channel design and i believe switch activation on M20A is much easier than switch on M10R. I also find the clip is not provide enough grip against my pocket, it would expecting the clip would give more grip.

Beam has bright hot spot and useful side spill. I just did beam shot few days ago, taken inside my boarding house, distance between flashlight and wall approx +/- 10 meters.

Low mode

DSC01578.jpg
DSC01579.jpg
DSC01580.jpg

High Mode

DSC01583.jpg
DSC01582.jpg
DSC01581.jpg

if you need more technical data, you might want check selfbuilt review for M10R. Other review you might consider by StickThatClucth. I will do also beam shot VS Fenix LD20 R4 ( Brighter than R2 but less throw than M10R R2 ).