Wuben        
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Wave of Haiku High CRI

Default Re: Wave of Haiku High CRI

Please help, I want to purchase a light from Mcgizmo but the forum tells me that it can't send pm how can I obtain one of these awesome lights
    WTB any of the older sf lights, digital series , crosshairs.Also looking for SF displays , please leave PM thanks

Have to send him an eMail, not a PM ....
    ... is the archimedes peak

Check out the OP..... Email Don with your order.
    MALKOFF SIMPLICITY!

What's his email
    WTB any of the older sf lights, digital series , crosshairs.Also looking for SF displays , please leave PM thanks

Default Wave of Haiku High CRI

dmcleish at pacbell dot net
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

His eMail is in the OP ... but I'm not sure he wants it posted up in open text

I understand, my apologies to him

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    His eMail is in the OP ... but I'm not sure he wants it posted up in open text
    Kinda why I worded it the way I did, shall I remove it?
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

Up to you (and McGizmo) , but it seems that @Blackbird13 has got it now ... if it were me, I would

Just pulled the trigger on my first McGizmo's....complete XP-G2/3S(3V)/1x123 Haiku and Mule head (119v) on the way
    teckul (UK)

[[yes I'm guilty of owning too many flashlights...]]

Excellent choices, you won't regret it!

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Excellent choices, you won't regret it!

Thanks....going into daily use too....no shelf queens in my house
    teckul (UK)

Perfect! McGizmos don't like to sit on shelves anyways. I have tried many many lights and after all these years my Haiku is still one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by teckul View Post
    ....my first McGizmo's....complete XP-G2/3S(3V)/1x123 Haiku and Mule head (119v) on the way
    Great combo ... congrats !

You know me from another forum by the way...if it wasn't already obvious

(and thanks again for the help!!)
    teckul (UK)

You know me from another forum by the way...if it wasn't already obvious

(and thanks again for the help!!)

Last tracking update was the 8th in Honolulu

(must remain calm....must remain calm......)
    teckul (UK)

USPS during the holidays..

That's the one thing nobody tells you. Mcgizmos are sneaky, it'll show up when you least expect it.

Crackup Re: Wave of Haiku High CRI

Oh boy, bout to take the plunge into another expensive hobby. Thought the $400.- switchblades would be the pinnacle of my titanium, carbon fiber, and trick gadget purchases. Guess it never ends. Getting a Haiku. How many heads should I get?? Two are better then one I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Qwikster View Post
    Oh boy, bout to take the plunge into another expensive hobby. Thought the $400.- switchblades would be the pinnacle of my titanium, carbon fiber, and trick gadget purchases. Guess it never ends. Getting a Haiku. How many heads should I get?? Two are better then one I guess...
    I started with a Haiku, then I added a Mule head and then a Sundrop head so that I could hot-swap for any need that arose. Eventually I had to add a Makai head in case I needed a light saber. You can't beat it for throw and it's just drop dead gorgeous on top of that.

When Don came out with the AA converter, I had to have one just for the sheer convenience of the AA. Of course, the same thing happened...had to get the AA pak along with each type of head. All of these lights have served me well in everything from work to play to power outages. As everyone says here...it's hard to own just one...they creep up on you and next thing you know you have a family of McGizmo's! Not to mention, Don is just about the greatest guy to deal with...period.

So you are absolutely right...two are better than one...but I doubt you'll stop there...

Hi Qwikster,

You won't regret a Haiku or any McGizmo that's for sure.
    I think teckul nailed it for a first purchase with the XPG2, 119V, Haiku and Mule. The 119V is an amazing LED, a must have in Don's offerings, and the XPG2 is perfect in the Haiku. You can always swap the XPG2 and 119V around with the Haiku and Mule as they use the same reflector in a Haiku head. I also think the 123 body is the best choice overall.
    I've tried many combo's and have gone pretty Gizmo crazy in the last year or so. If I could only choose one McGizmo it would be a Haiku 123 with a 3S 119V but as you've noticed or been honest with yourself, you'll probably start with more than one or collect more in time.

Getting a Haiku. How many heads should I get?? Two are better then one I guess...
    Having made some expensive mistakes I'd opt for caution and start with a standard Haiku alone with the Nichia 219. A few years ago I bought a Sundrop, Haiku XR-E and a Mule then sold them all.

It wasn't until a couple years later that I got a Nichia 119 version that I fell for the Haiku and still have that one. The Sundrop and Mule are both lights you can go for anytime in the future if you decide to get them and Don is one of the fastest ordering/shipping light suppliers you'll ever find.

If money is no matter and it sounds enjoyable enough then go ahead and jump right in, but taking your time has its positive aspects too.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    Having made some expensive mistakes I'd opt for caution and start with a standard Haiku alone with the Nichia 219. A few years ago I bought a Sundrop, Haiku XR-E and a Mule then sold them all.

It wasn't until a couple years later that I got a Nichia 119 version that I fell for the Haiku and still have that one. The Sundrop and Mule are both lights you can go for anytime in the future if you decide to get them and Don is one of the fastest ordering/shipping light suppliers you'll ever find.

If money is no matter and it sounds enjoyable enough then go ahead and jump right in, but taking your time has its positive aspects too.
    Thanks for the input about the Haiku. Your right about expensive mistakes. I purchased a few too many Microtech switchblades awhile back. Fun yes, but surely costly.
    I've decided I'd like the Haiku XPG2 HIVE. I got to have my light levels like my Fexix & Nightcore lights. Don said the HIVE puts out about 3, 30, 100, 240 lumens. Nice climb. The diamond etched clip with the 1/4-20 holes is a given. I may do some anodizing work on it also if I can find the right guy. We'll see..

I've decided I'd like the Haiku XPG2 HIVE. Don said the HIVE puts out about 3, 30, 100, 240 lumens. Nice climb.
    I need to find my Haiku now so I can get one of the new HIVE engines for it. Congrats on a great choice and I hope you'll post up with your first impressions when it shows up.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Well, I jumped off the deep end and have ordered a Haiku High CRI with the HIVE converter for my first McGizmo. Hopefully this is also prevents me from needing to buy any more lights for a good while. So far I'm impressed with the speed with which Don has already shipped my order from yesterday, and the manner in which he conducts business.

The HIVE converter seems to address my preference for a nice low/moon level mode and a reasonable high as well. Programability is a plus, but the preset modes look to be reasonably spaced, particularly with the 119V in the LE. .8-13-70-172 by Don's measurements.

Happy New Years everyone!

Good choice! You won't be disappointed, I'm sure! Enjoy!!

Happy New Year!

Wonder what current its pulling with XPG at 240 lumens 1A?.

Quote Originally Posted by stateoftheart View Post
    Wonder what current its pulling with XPG at 240 lumens 1A?.
    According to Don's measurements the HIVE converter and XP-G2 produce about 240 lumens at a current of 1000mA. The HIVE converter uses 12, 114, 391, and 1000mA for levels unless rush adjusted the defaults after he revised the driver.

Received the light today, and so far I am impressed with it. The body and head are well machined with no blemishes, and seem to have rather thick walls, which lends to a heft in hand that is quite nice. The forward clicky is extremely bizarre having only used reverse clickies, but I do like the momentary on ability and will probably get used to it with time. The clip is unbelievably tight, a very nice change to most though having to use two hands to clip it to jeans seems a bit much.
    The 119V is gorgeous with a nice neutral white tint with perhaps a very slight rosey warm tint as opposed to my D25A's Nichia, but less of a warm tint than my Copper Tool's Nichia. The setup of the HIVE converter seems to be perfect for my needs, the Moon is dim enough for reading or night use. Low is suited for use indoors, and medium for outdoor walks. The high offers a really nice output when needed as well.

Seems I may have saved myself some money buying one of these to begin with.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718 LastLast