HDS Systems        
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave of Haiku High CRI

Default Re: Wave of Haiku High CRI

It is never a mistake to buy McGizmos especially the Haiku....any Haiku

Quote Originally Posted by diesel79 View Post
    I couldn't resist any longer. Had to order one of these. My HCRI Mule needed a companion.
    The Haiku head is fantastic when mated to the AA Pak if you are still looking for a use for that one you had up for trade. You could buy just the head if you wanted.

I'm actually liking the 1x123 pak more. The AA pak was great, but for whatever reason the 123 just felt better for me in hand.

Can't wait to get this Haiku! I've read way too much about them to not own one.
    Last edited by diesel79; 03-24-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Default Wave of Haiku High CRI

Quote Originally Posted by diesel79 View Post
    I'm actually liking the 1x123 pak more. The AA pak was great, but for whatever reason the 123 just felt better for me in hand.

Can't wait to get this Haiku! I've read way too much about them to not own one.
    You will need the AA pack if and when Don releases the 1.5v LE. Fingers crossed.

My light arrived yesterday. WOW, is all I have to say. This thing looks and feels amazing, I can't put it down. Awesome beam pattern and puts out a good amount of light. I feel pretty lucky to own one of these and a hcri Mule.
    Last edited by diesel79; 03-30-2013 at 07:19 AM.

I may be next on the Haiku High CRI train. I have not purchased a ticket yet, but I've sold off several items to fund this trip.

Haiku HI CRI.

Welcome to the club guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerealand View Post
    I may be next on the Haiku High CRI train. I have not purchased a ticket yet, but I've sold off several items to fund this trip.
    When I started selling my stuff to fund a McGizmo, I eventually ended up selling everything. LOL.

Me too. Sold most everything and only have my McGizmos and one Malkoff.

Just took the leap....McGizo Haiku High CRI 119v. Now the wait.

Good choice.

Received the McGizmo Haiku the other day. Love the tint. Been in my pocket since I received it.

Received the McGizmo Haiku the other day. Love the tint. Been in my pocket since I received it.
    Glad you love it friend. Was wondering if you would like it after all the "hard-selling" I was giving you. Kind of worried you may not like it at all.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Quote Originally Posted by pjandyho View Post
    Glad you love it friend. Was wondering if you would like it after all the "hard-selling" I was giving you. Kind of worried you may not like it at all.
    I'm glad all you guys talked me into this. When I first started on this forum, a McGizmo was something I thought I would never purchase. All I needed was one flashlight. I was just going to go onto this forum, do some research on a Olight M20 warrior, then disappear. The price range of $50 + for that Olight was already crazy enough for me, or so I thought. After some research, I ended up with a SF 6p with a Malkoff M61. It just snowballed from there. A few weeks ago, I took a look at all my lights and saw too many shelf queens. Several items were sold and now I have my first McGizmo. It has been my pocket since it escaped from Hawaii.
    Last edited by Cerealand; 04-07-2013 at 09:52 AM.

I'm glad all you guys talked me into this. When I first started on this forum, a McGizmo was something I thought I would never purchase. All I needed was one flashlight. I was just going to go onto this forum, do some research on a Olight M20 warrior, then disappear. The price range of $50 + for that Olight was already crazy enough for me, or so I thought. After some research, I ended up with a SF 6p with a Malkoff M61. It just snowballed from there. A few weeks ago, I took a look at all my lights and saw too many shelf queens. Several items were sold and now I have my first McGizmo. It has been my pocket since it escaped from Hawaii.
    I am glad you did not end up shelf-queening the Haiku as many are apt to do since it is such a beauty. I have had my McGizmo lights for a year or so now and they are still my favorites, and so are some of the other members here. It is hard to dislike a McGizmo and I believe it should give you many years of faithful service.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

When I first started on this forum, a McGizmo was something I thought I would never purchase. All I needed was one flashlight.
    There are a lot of McGizmo owners who would say the same thing, and I had the same thought, that no light would ever get me to hand out more than $100 bill, much less multiples of them.
    My story varies from yours though, in that my first couple of McGizmo's got sold off as not right for me and it took the Nichia 119 Haiku and LS20 to put me into a state of happy ownership.

Glad to hear you're liking it, and fully understand why as well.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

McGizmo made me sell 90% of my Surefire collection. Now 90% of my lights are McGizmos.

So, having recently learned what a Malkoff drop-in is, and having recently found a Mac Custom website, does McGizmo still make and sell these lights or are they strictly collector's items? Does he have a website?

Thank you.
    mark

He has a website, but ordering takes place through email. Please see the thread below.http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...-Ordering-Info

Does pairing the 6V LE High CRI with a 2x123 McClickie pak increase the output lumens or just the runtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1967 View Post
    Does pairing the 6V LE High CRI with a 2x123 McClickie pak increase the output lumens or just the runtime?
    Unless specifically requested, I use the 119 I have been using all along even in a 2x123, 6V build and drive it a ~500 mA so you will have similar lumens but roughly twice the run time. If you request a 119V Hi CRI LED I will drive it at ~700 mA in which case you will have an increase in lumens over the 1x123, 3V version and more run time but not double the run time.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Quote Originally Posted by McGizmo View Post
    Unless specifically requested, I use the 119 I have been using all along even in a 2x123, 6V build and drive it a ~500 mA so you will have similar lumens but roughly twice the run time. If you request a 119V Hi CRI LED I will drive it at ~700 mA in which case you will have an increase in lumens over the 1x123, 3V version and more run time but not double the run time.
    Thank you so much for the quick response! Decisions!
    Frank

Email sent for the Haiku 6V XML package. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1967 View Post
    Email sent for the Haiku 6V XML package. Can't wait!
    Email received from Don. Paypal sent! Crazy fast!! Can't wait

Enlightened

Does Don offer a version driving 119v at 700ma in the 1x123 set up? this would be great with combination of perfect edc size, good output and nice tint
    Surefire E2DL, LX2, C2-HA (Oveready XPG2 triple, XML2 Mini Turbohead, Mattaus 219 triple), Eagletac M2SC4 MKII, P20C2 MK II, G25C2, D25A Ti, Inova T3 (TIROS), Inforce 9VX, Jetbeam III M, Niteye EYE10, Fenix TK12, Mac SST-50 1.4a EDC, Tain Flute, McGizmo Haiku XM-L2

Quote Originally Posted by timsmile View Post
    Does Don offer a version driving 119v at 700ma in the 1x123 set up? this would be great with combination of perfect edc size, good output and nice tint
    Please see the thread below. He does offer the 119V. Based on his sample, the 119V in a 1x123 set up was driven at 650mah.
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...h-CRI-LED-119V

Enlightened

Thanks Cerealand! so tempted to sell my collections to fund my first McGizmo purchase
    Surefire E2DL, LX2, C2-HA (Oveready XPG2 triple, XML2 Mini Turbohead, Mattaus 219 triple), Eagletac M2SC4 MKII, P20C2 MK II, G25C2, D25A Ti, Inova T3 (TIROS), Inforce 9VX, Jetbeam III M, Niteye EYE10, Fenix TK12, Mac SST-50 1.4a EDC, Tain Flute, McGizmo Haiku XM-L2

Quote Originally Posted by timsmile View Post
    Thanks Cerealand! so tempted to sell my collections to fund my first McGizmo purchase
    Best decision I have ever made.

Flashaholic

^^ Ha ha ha. So true. I sold two expensive watches to buy my McGizmos (and a Sebenza). I'm so happy.

The only expensive knife / flashlights I have are one haiku and one small sebenza. Good choices!

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast